Anyone recommend a good carpenter?

mac123

Hi,
I recently purchased a fitted wardrobe that came in a flatpack from C&C Kitchens.
At this point i have given up trying to put the damm thing together even though its only a simple two door unit!
I would be most grateful if someone could recommend a good carpenter in the north Dublin area.

TIA
Mac

sueellen said:
- only jokin' :D

We've been doing this personal development course in work recently, its all about self motivation, self esteem, goal attainment etc. Apparently "personal affirmations" are very important- so repeat after me
"I am a wonderful Carpenter, I am a wonderful Carpenter....

mac123,

You would not need a carpenter for this. A handy man would do the job. Where are you?

Valhalla said:
mac123,

You would not need a carpenter for this. A handy man would do the job. Where are you?
Perhaps but will the handyman be able to scribe panels to suit wall profiles etc, that is the skill in fitting kitchens and wardrobes!

Hi Valhalla

In the Santry area, just the M50. Would ideally be looking to get it done in the evenings/weekend.
Know someone thats interested ?

Rgds,
Mac

MAC123,

Carpenter is correct but it depends on what you got in your flatpack. Did your unit come with an end panel the same colour as the doors that needs to be fixed to the side of the unit or are the units side pieces the same as the doors?

Did you get a filler piece would fill the gap between the unit and the wall it would be fit against?

Where is the unit going? will it be butted up against a wall, or in the middle of a wall?

Valhalla

The unit is going to fitted against the corner of the bedroom as in an L shape corner.
The pack came with 2 side panels and back panels, and both doors.
Instructions are pretty woeful, all the fittings are in a bag, mainly nails and door hinges.
Yes, the end panel is the same colour as the doors.
My main problem is cutting out the gap in the skirting to fit the unit in, as i don't really have the proper tools!
TBH i thinks its a job for a very good handymen/caprenter.

Mac

Back