Anyone experience of mgt company in mixed affordable/social development?

Cheeus

I spoke to someone recently who has encountered problems with management company issues where there is social housing in the block.
Basically the problem can arise when there is a vote on any issues relating to management of the development. If the council (or I guess in other situations it can be a developer) own a number of apts they can block vote at AGMs etc.. leaving the individual owners with little power.

Has anyone any experience of this? I'm already unimpressed by the inflated mgt company fee in the affordable blocks I'm interested in compared to the the private blocks which are up to €400 less pa. Does anyone have any experience of block voting by councils or majority share holders in development management issues?

@ Cheeus. The estate I live in is a mix of affordable, social and private houses and apartments. The council rent out 150 apartments to council tenants and on a number of occasions have used their block vote. It has caused a lot of problems in the past as a lot of private house holders are renting their houses out so dont attend any of the meetings. It usually means that of the private and affordable housing residents that do attend their number are less than the 150 block vote that the council have so the council get to pass a lot of motions. We have had so many problems because of this. Its is a nightmare.

Oh that's a nightmare. Hard to know what to do about it? Doesn't bode well for getting a change of mgt company or anything down the road. Yet another little problem to think about - I reckon people don't anticipate it until problems start happening. I'm wondering now how it might effect anything I go for??

Back