Anyone ever heard of Expressmatch.eu?

I also got an email from a guy who was interested in my car, He asked abou tthe spec of the car, and I gave it to him., (an 8 yr old S40 with 140,000 miles on the clock) and he said he was interested, but working in france, living in UK, and he would buy it unseen, and pay for shipping to UK, and pay me an extra 100 euro for my trouble (the car would only be worth a few hundred in the UK).
Wexfordman

So how might it go. He sends you a cheque which you lodge and get the amount credited to your account. You ship him the car and hey presto, the cheque bounces and your account is debited. A scam that you actually pay to facilitate.

Guys,
Can anybody tell me if somebody is trying to scam me.
I recently advertised my car on carzone. Last night I received three enquires in the space of about an hour. The first from a guy in Cork, asked a few details about the car and was keen to see the car this evening. He said he would definitely show up. The second call was from a foreign national re-siding in Dublin who was quickly put off as I was never going to accept her offer. The third call was from another foreign national who is living reasonably locally, he was difficult to understand due to poor english but was interested in viewing the car also this evening. The guy from Cork or the guy living locally never called me back today. I tried calling both parties back on a few occasions but both phones rang out. Are these people just time-wasters or is there likely to be something more sinister going on? Anyone with any similar experiences?

Combination of both. I've found using the papers, far more successful than using the web to sell cars.

For what its worth it would seem that ExpressMatch may have shut up shop and moved on to one of their other scams. Their web-site is down and the phone is off the hook.

Back