Anybody Sold a Property in the UK?

Titusfeck

Has anyone sold a property in the UK recently - I am particularly interested in assessing my liability to Capital Gains Tax (Irish Resident), and on what/how I pay?

Also can anyone recommend a good financial advisor regarding the above?

Your Irish CGT liability will surely be 20% on any gain less allowable expenses and allowances? Not sure if any UK taxes will be witheld but the Ireland/UK double taxation agreement may provide for credits for these so you don't pay the same tax twice over. You most likely need to talk to an accountant or tax advisor who has knowledge of the tax codes in the two jurisdictions.

I have sold a good few properties in the UK that were owned by me personally (as distinct from the company). I can't remember how the company accountant dealt with the CGT issue, but as far as I can recall the only CGT liability I had personally was in Ireland at 20%. I'm 99% sure that that was the case, it's a couple of years back but I'm sure I would have remembered if it had been higher (I'm not as young as I used to be!).

Yes. I can confirm for certain UK do mnot apply CGT to non-residents in treaty countries.
Only tax will be Irish CGT provided you are Irish resident. If you are UK resident then you would have UK CGT,

Back