Anybody purchased Solid Fuels: coal, turf, briquettes, blocks recently?

Re: Anybody purchased coal, turf, briquettes recently?

i just bought coal (doubles, not premium) - 5 bags (40kg) for €64.80 at 4Homes Carrigaline, Co.Cork. got a price of €16 per bag (40kg) of premium polish coal from AMAC Farm Supplies Ltd, midleton co.cork

Re: Anybody purchased coal, turf, briquettes recently?

The price of coal went up with the oil, I suppose they thought they could make a bit extra. The oil went down again the coal did not, so I am using my oil more this winter. The coal is a rip off

Not sure if this is any help to anyone - Euro Fuels based just outside Waterford City on the Kilkenny side have their own branded bags of coal, not sure of the cost but it did cost 2 euro less last yr for us to buy on a weekly basis, why not ask about a bulk buy, its in a Orange bag.

Phone Number : 051 830380

Not connected to the company just a happy customer of theirs

Prices in The Cope West Donegal
5 bags Doubles Coal 40kg €58
5 bags Premium Polish 40kg €60
5 bags Brown coal black diamond easyflame 40kg €55
3 bale BNM briquettes €10

I dont know about the quality but the imported ones that I have seen are 10kg whereas the BnM ones are 12.5kg.

The imported ones I have seen are shrinkwrapped but the BnM ones are not.

There are no markings on the imported ones so Im not sure about the where they come from. (I would guess Latvia).

aj

Any recommendations for coal suppliers in North Wicklow? Ideally looking for good value, long lasting & warm 40KG bags of coal. About 6 of them delivered.

McDonaghs, Galway hav 10 bales of briquettes for 32.50 for the past few months. Great value. (no connection. Just a customer)By the way, with this EU objection to us using our boglands, are the days of burning Peat Briquettes numbered?

Our local co-op are €3 per bale until Wednesday in Galway, got 260 bales today.

Bought five bales of Bord Na Mona briquettes for e19.25 ..works out at 3.85 a bale..
Posters have mentioned bales,but Im not sure if they mean Bord Na Mona bales,I have used some others and they didnt seem to have the same burning power as BnM..

Posters have mentioned bales,but Im not sure if they mean Bord Na Mona bales,I have used some others and they didnt seem to have the same burning power as BnM..

The Aldi ones are Baltic and weigh 11kg against the BnM ones that are 12.5kg

Prices in The Cope West Donegal
5 bags Doubles Coal 40kg €58
5 bags Premium Polish 40kg €60
5 bags Brown coal black diamond easyflame 40kg €55
3 bale BNM briquettes €10

That's very good value. The local fuel merchant charges €20 for a 40kg bag...

I should have added in my earlier post that I bought these in Texaco petrol station;
"Bought five bales of Bord Na Mona briquettes for e19.25 ..works out at 3.85 a bale"..

Spar beside the Mill House Pub in Stillorgan have BNM Briquettes, 3 for €10.00 until 04/12/11.

Back