Anybody have experience with the €999+vat+charges solicitor's packages?

bobo

Does anybody have experience with the €999 + vat and charges packages that some solicitors and credit unions are promoting? or more to the point can anyone recommend a solicitor in the Dublin 5 area who is efficient and does not charge too much ?

Re: cheap solicitors

My girlfriend and I are using one right now to buy our first house. She was recommended/suggested by the estate agent. Everything going OK so far - all communication has been by phone, post and e-mail up to now. We are meeting her this week to sign contracts. First contact was about two weeks ago. We're getting the keys in another two weeks or so.

There are lots of existing threads about fixed/discounted conveyancing offers. Note that €999 is just the solicitor's professional fee and that outlays and VAT are extra. The total price could well be in the region of €2K when these are added. And it may be possible to find solicitors that charge less than €999 as a professional fee. But then you should not shop around on price alone for a solicitor and should probably get recommendations and satisfy yourself that he solicitor will do the job properly/efficiently whatever the price. This thread is worth reading and it also contains some real life figures:

Useful background information on the legal work involved in conveyancing

...you get what you pay for...this is probably the biggest purchase of your life. My advice is pay a little extra, its worth it...

I agree. Go on recommendations and not just price alone. But equally - don't assume that €999 + VAT + outlay is necessarily cheap. You can get cheaper solicitor professional conveyancing fees than €999. Check out the many existing threads on solicitors' conveyancing fees for comparisons and recommendations.

Re: Anybody have experience with the €999+vat+charges solicitor's packages?

Back