Any suggestions for a second hand car -about 3k?

ericsson

Looking to get a second hand car and have a budget of 3k max. what with there being a recession and all. Looking for something small and efficient with a small engine. Have been searching car buyers guide and am completely confused about what would be a good deal! was thinking perhaps a fiesta, a micra or an MG. Any suggestions? I was looking for perhaps 02, newer if possible. Was thinking maybe a clio but have heard lots of horror stories about renault and have had a bad experience with them myself in the past.

Thanks in advance
Ericsson :)

I would go for a FIESTA or a Toyota YARIS.

EUR3000 should get you an 00 or 01 YARIS with reasonable mileage - under 80000.

Say what you like about toyota but if you want something to start everyday they cannot be beaten!!!

In general you are right about Renault ericsson but the Clio is fine.

Will probably be the cheapest out of any of the above too.

I'd recommend the VW Polo 1 litre solid and reliable , opel Corsa 1.2 is a good nippy little car too.

Would recommend suzuki Liana an excellent car, mine did 170,000 without a prob just changed it recently.

thanks for all the posts guys. Currently looking at an 01 Nissan Almera hatchback (a little bigger than I had first wanted but practically speaking think it would be better) The asking price is 2400k and it's just passed its NCT last week. Havent been to look at it and stupidly forgot to ask the seller what the milage is. Its being sold by a mechanic who said he will stand over it for 3 months. Any ideas as to how much you think I should offer if i am interested?

Thanks in advance
Ericsson :)

Very much depends on mileage. E.g. if in or around 70K (or less) it sounds reasonable, if 150K, much less so.

Back