Any reports of Pyrite in Dunboyne, summerhill road estates?

H

hermit

We are considering buying a house in Dunboyne on the Summerhill road side.
The estates are we are looking in are:
Lutterell Hall, Sadleir Hall, Plunkett Hall and Garnett Hall.
All were built by Mycet Construction around between 1997 and 2002.

Does anyone know of Pyrite cases reported in the estates mentioned above?

Many thanks.

Hi,

A very old thread but I have the same question solely directed at the Sadlier Hall estate. My daughter is purchasing a property there and I am concerned by statements found in the engineers report i.e. a gap between the skirting board and the timber floors on the upper level. However there are no signs of subsidence on the lower level. Any thoughts please?

Hi,

A very old thread but I have the same question solely directed at the Sadlier Hall estate. My daughter is purchasing a property there and I am concerned by statements found in the engineers report i.e. a gap between the skirting board and the timber floors on the upper level. However there are no signs of subsidence on the lower level. Any thoughts please?
I lived in Dunboyne for years and never heard of pyrite cases in Sadlier Hall. That still does not mean that there is no pyrite there. They could have kept it quiet. I saw pyrite (with my own eyes) in Hamilton Hall and that was built around the same time than Sadlier and perhaps same builders (similar houses).
There are other pyrite cases found in Dunboyne but I won't name them here.

Thanks for that Galego. The engineer has said we need to investigate further as he is not overly happy with his findings. There is no sign of pyrite on the lower ground floor but there is quite extensive movement in the upper floors. Estate agent has been very evasive.

Back