Any point in making a complaint to Driving School

stefg

can edit posts
Hi All,

Is there any point in me making a complaint to the driving school I got lessons from about the rude, aggressive and insulting instructor I had during two lessons last week?

Over the previous 6-8 months I had taken regular enough lessons while waiting for my test and my local instructor told me that he thought I was fully prepared for my test. As a result my last few lessons with him were formal pre-tests each of which went well, very few faults if any, on each occaision.

A couple of weeks ago, my driving test was moved from my local test centre to another centre due to the long waiting lists. It was moved to an area that I was not familiar with so I thought I should take some lessons out there to get familiar with the route and the area etc but I didn't think that there was much wrong with my driving.

I booked two lessons with the school near the test centre (susposedly a reputable one) on the days prior to my test but it turned out to be the worst thing I could have done.

The instructor I got was rude, aggressive, made insulting comments about me personally and my driving ability. He also made it clear that he thought I had no chance of passing or correcting my faults in the short space of time before the test. Also, when I told him that I had taken many lessons elsewhere and that they thought my driving was fine, he told me that I had wasted my money. Also, when I explained the instructions I had previously been given for various maneuvers, he told me that they were all wrong and that that ways he told me were the right ways, even though they seemed very unnatural and complicated to me. The two lessons I had really dented my composure and confidence for driving and I considered cancelling my test.

In fact, the instructor seemed to take pride in telling me that he had a reputation for being tough and telling me about one girl who he had to drop back to the test centre because he upset her so much.

In the end I did my test and passed without a single fault. I ignored the instructions given to me that instructor and drove the way I had been previously with my local instructor. I decided to do this after checking a few websites and finding that the maneuvers I had previously learned were correct.

So, now you have the full long-winded story, do you think there is any point in making a complaint? I am really p*ssed off with the treatment I got, and feel that I wasted €70 on the lessons. The lessons were susposed to help me prepare but they set me way back in preparing for the test.

I would appreciate any opinions or views on this. Should I just forget it now I have my license and move on or is it worth complaining?

Also, if any one is looking for a good northside instructor let me know and I'll give the details of my local instructor.

Thanks,
Stef

Its always worth complaining, even if nothing comes of it. If you feel strongly about it, I would make a written complaint. Keep it as brief as possible and stick to the facts. Good luck!

Back