Any plumbers on AAM?

Aidan 2232

Wasn't sure of a proper title for this thread.

There's some kind of overflow pipe coming out from the back of our house, near the roof. Although it's just below the drain i think it is coming from inside the house. Water is flowing from it for several hours a day (even during the dry spell 2 weeks ago so i'm fairly sure it's not the drain). I've no idea why it started or what the source is. Any ideas?

We did get a pump installed for the shower a while back but the water flows outside even if the pump is off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Need to get your ballcock in the main tank or header tank replaced, and hurry in case overflow pipe blocks up

Hi Aidan,

Your overflow pipe appears to be cutting in and stopping a leak in your house. As glenamaddy (plumber) recommends you should check the ballcock in the tank in your attic to see if the problem is there. This previous thread might help.

P.S. Don't mind The Doc. ;)

Thanks for the replies.

What does the ballcock look like and how will i know it needs to be replaced?

On the other thread someone says "A faulty ball cock will produce a continuous leak, whereas an overheating cylinder will cause intermittent water flow from the warning pipe". If this is correct, I think i have an overheating cylinder. How do i address this problem?

I had a look at it and the ballcock seems to be full of water. I'm going to get a new one tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Back