Any one had bother updating their i phone 4

johnpdolan

My wife has tried to update the i phone 4 to the new ios6 and now it won't power on, has anyone had same issue and is there a reason and can it be fixed

Lots of bad reviews on doing this.

They have gotten rid of a few nice features.

Anyone out there updated?
What opinions, not sure about doing GF's 3gs seeing as it is throwing up the notification to update.

Mine updated fine too. I have the 4S. So far, the benefits that I can see are-

1- The maps are now in 3D which is good.
2 - The alarm can now be set to a song from your music.
3- My photos are now divided up according to where they were taken.
4- Passbook has appeared as an App on my front screen. Haven't used it yet, but this is the app for boarding passes, tickets, etc.
5 - Directions are now VERY easy to read in maps, and scroll across the top of the map.

I'm sure there's lots more that I havent found yet! But all positive so far.

I cannot justify buying the iphone 5 and my own phone is less than 1 year old.

I can now print from my iphone as I have bought a new Canon printer for €54 in Argos that has AirPrint. Great bonus as I bought it coz it was wifi, only found out I can use it for the iphone when I got it home.

The various apple devices in our house all updated OK - 3GS x2, 4S & iPAD.

Tthey've moved podcasts to a seperate app - I don't like that.
They've removed YouTube so you have to re-install it - I don't like that.
New maps doesn't have StreetView - I don't like that.

In fact I can't think of anything thta has been added that, to me, is an improvement.

But the upgrade all worked OK

The new map app is (rhymes with app)!

Cloudy aerial images, distorted images, streets and addresses years out of date, and faulty directions.

They appear to have reverted to older maps from Tom Tom or their suppliers. Google ditched them in the UK years ago and finally ditched them in Ireland during the summer.

Is there any way to reinstall the original google maps app?

apple beg ex google staff to fix crap map app.

My wife has tried to update the i phone 4 to the new ios6 and now it won't power on, has anyone had same issue and is there a reason and can it be fixed

Just finished updating my households devices - 2 iPhones, 2 iPod Touches and an iPad. All went fine, not issues at all.

Back