Any chance that the scrappage scheme could be extended again?

littletiger

I wonder is there any chance that the scrappage scheme could be extended again?
I want to get a new car but its getting late in the year. I could wait until 2012 if it was extended.

It has not been said that it will be extended, it has been a sucess and Im sure the the dealers will push for it but I think personally that it won't was it has been running for quite some time now and has already been extended. It is only 1/3 into the year, hardly what I would call late into the year.
If you are buying a new car purely to have it from day one in the year and the new reg it brings then wait, but there is great value out there now from what I have seen and as I said you will get your value out of the car both this year and for many to come if you can afford it.

I wonder is there any chance that the scrappage scheme could be extended again?
I want to get a new car but its getting late in the year. I could wait until 2012 if it was extended.

My understanding is that the scheme will not be extended on the basis that future financial support would be a deadweight cost benefitting mainly purchasers such as yourself (i.e. people who are going to buy a new car anyway).

Back