Any bank offering an offset mortgage?

SPC100

I know some folks have older offset products, but is there any offset mortgage product available today.

Offset mortgage: the interest is charged on mortgage balance minus any funds in your bank account.

In these low interest and changeable times it seems like a very interesting product.

It seems there was none available for new customers/switchers in 2018

Last thing a bank wants now are more deposits. If anything these days they'd structure this product so you'd pay a higher rate than on a traditional mortgage.

It's a year later, and I'm wondering if there any banks now supporting this.

I would like a way to have the flexibility to get my overpayments back, without going through a remortgage.

It's a year later, and I'm wondering if there any banks now supporting this.

I would like a way to have the flexibility to get my overpayments back, without going through a remortgage.
PTSB offer a 'credit' account, were overpayments are used to offset for interest calculations. You can then use these overpayments as credit for future payment, reduce payments or put off capital. Not sure if you can get the money back.

FYI- I am not a PTSB mortgage customer, this was explained to me over the phone as will most likely end up with them post UB withdrawal.

Back