Any accountancy jobs?

sharonp

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there are any people in the same situation as me. I'm an accountant (qualified last year) in the midlands. There doesn't seem to be any jobs around at the moment, either in practice or industry. Am I looking in the wrong places or is there really nothing available? I'm getting a bit annoyed that I've spent so long in college and now i'm strugging to find any jobs!

P.

There's an audit senior position in Leinster (don't know which part!) in a small practice. Look at [broken link removed]

I know quite a few accountants and they say many people in their firms are being let go once they finish their contract so I think its a fairly common situation

Hi,

I think the accounting scene is quite grim at the moment. There are jobs advertised, however I have been told that each position gets hundreds if not a thousand? applications, such are the numbers of out of work people.

I recently finished a temporary contract, and am now unemployed. I can't even get any interviews, I am qualified 3 years ago and have 10 years experience.

Recently a similarly qualified & experienced friend got work after 7 months on the dole. He badly needed the job and deserved it, however his salary as a professional accountant is actually less than that of a Dublin Bus driver! Its a crazy situation here.

Hi,

I wish I was writing to contradict you, but I am in a similar situation myself. I am also qualified with good experience and was made redundant (without any notice), having been in a contract position for only two months of a ten month term. That happy event happened at the end of January and I have yet to secure a single interview.
My major frustration has been the reluctance of some agencies to even put me forward for positions that I feel I am suitable for.

I am doing my best to stay positive, taking each day as it comes but miserable weather such as todays really does not help!

Good luck to all jobseekers it is not fun at the moment!

Suz

Dare i say i am a retired Bank manager and if i were young again in the present circumstances i would be trying to get a job with NAMA. I reckon they will be in business for next 10/15 years. I dont have a clue as to how to try and get such a job but i would suggest keeping your ear to the ground and try and establish contacts with people in the know. Good luck

My major frustration has been the reluctance of some agencies to even put me forward for positions that I feel I am suitable for.

You are not alone. I found this with those people.

They however keep your cv on file for yaers.

I have not one good word to say about recruitment agencies.

it is not fun at the moment!

I'd bet.

I am in a crap job that has no relevence to me but I surpose I'll stick it despite it probably wrecking my cv.

Best of luck with the job hunting - it certainly is not easy.

Back