Anti Social Behaviour

Re: Vigilante

Gotta move with the times, ya know?

Yeah - that would explain why the Shinners are campaigning for that statue of an alleged Nazi collaborator in Fairview Park to be repaired I suppose?

1060110.jpg

Now you're really taking the piss. A balaclavas OK if you aren't carrying a baseball bat? Or maybe its not...if your licence number is obscured. On the other hand, if you have no balaclava but put a brick through his window while driving a car with its licence obscured then you're out of order....unless you take a photo, then its OK.
What is this? Mix'n'match vigilante etiquette?

That's exactly what it is, you're catching on. You can take all the parts of the vigilante lifestyle that don't involve actually breaking the law, or people's knee caps. In other words as long as you're not causing harm to peoples property or to their person then it's fine by me.

Your sources (unnamed of course!) are lying.

I can't name him, they all sound alike, but he's one of the ones regularly interviewed on the Last Word and on Vincent Brownes show. I'm pretty sure this particular interview was on Vincent Brownes. But it's not new news by any means.

It may of course be one of the many things that Sinn Fein pretend isn't true, but that can't be helped now can it?

The Loyalists are directly involved in drugs, whereas the Republicans in their twisted view of the Law and morality think that dealing drugs is wrong, but licencing dealers and taking a tax is fine.

Between decriminalising murder and taxing drug dealers we should be in for an interesting time if the Shinners ever get into government.

Incidently interesting inverview on the Last Word this evening when the Author of "Blanket Men" sort of accidently admitted that Gerry Adams actually was a member of the IRA.

-Rd

Has any member of the IRA ever been convicted of having anything to do with drugs? If some renegades have and were found out I'm sure they've got their comeuppance. i.e. Tallaght Man kneecapped around the border area a few years ago for associating with drug dealers!
The IRA would lose an awful lot of support if people found out they were involved in drugs. This is probably the reason certain 'politicians' and media 'experts' spout these rumours!

Yes Redbhoy. The IRA have nothing to do with drugs. Just like they had nothing to do with the robbery up north. Just like Gerry Adams is not a member of the IRA. We know all this because Sinn Fein have told us so :rolleyes

Unfortunately, amongst the less well educated in society there wil always be support for thugs, thieves and murderers.

Has any member of the IRA ever been convicted of having anything to do with drugs?

How many of the people they've murdered/beaten/kneecapped etc got a fair trial and were convicted in a court?

Republicans are very quick to call for Due Process and proof beyond reasonable doubt when it applies to themselves. They're not so concerned about such matters when they are the ones handing out the justice.

-Rd

I never thought that I'd say that I enjoyed an Ian O'Doherty article but I did have to laugh when he wrote in the Indo recently something along the lines that any other political party undergoing the turmoil affecting SF at the moment would have some eager and ambitious young members making waves and perhaps a push for the leadership position - but in this case they probably don't want to get shot!

Anyway, great [broken link removed] the sort of calibre of IRA volunteer who is against drugs:
A leading Dublin Sinn Fein member has been jailed for four years after spying on Dail (Parliament) politicians.

Niall Binead, a friend of the Dublin TD (Dail member) Aenghus O’Snodaigh, was convicted of membership of the Provisional IRA by the three judge court on November 18, and on Tuesday was sentenced to four years in jail by the jury-less Special Criminal Court.

Binead, 35, from Crumlin in Dublin, was convicted along with co-accused Kenneth Donohoe from Tallaght, who also received a four-year sentence.

Binead is the branch secretary of Sinn Fein’s constituency in Dublin south city. As well as being a personal friend of O’Snodaigh, he is also his election worker.

The judge noted that both men had a previous conviction for threatening to use a weapon during anti-drug activities.
So that's all right then. :\

lads,
This has descended into a discussion about subversives,

Having lived in the north for many years, the IRA or UVF etc would be the last people I would contact for help. Anyone who things that the IRA or the Loyalist scum bags arn't involved in every type of criminality (including drug dealing) are fooling themselves. These scum were responsible for some for some of the most disgusting acts of murder and criminality witnessed since the 2nd world war.

Anyway, back to my own problems with drug dealing kids, i will let the cops deal with this, and as suggested contact my local council.

Thanks for all the replies

AD

Good luck Alan.
Let us know how you get on.

-Rd

Unfortunately, amongst the less well educated in society there wil always be support for thugs, thieves and murderers.
Well now, if the government educated people properly and invested in education as they should, they'd be out on their ear as people would see them for what they are! Thats why we'll always have support for thugs, thieves and murderers. Lack of education!

Let's not confuse a lack of education with gullibility.
There are some very well educated people who can't or won't see SF/IRA for what they really are, and there are some people with little or no education who would have nothing to do with them.

It's just a fact of life that in any democracy you can find support for a party regardless of what that party has done or is doing. Some are hoodwinked into thinking SF are not corrupt. Others don't care if they are.

Thankfully the numbers are small and probably always will be.

-Rd

>Let's not confuse a lack of education with gullibility.

Fair point. Poor choice of words on my part.

Thankfully the numbers are small and probably always will be.

To be fair, whatever about their marginal status down here, they are the second largest party in NI at the moment.

To be fair, whatever about their marginal status down here, they are the second largest party in NI at the moment.

A Different Country, and Democratically speaking a Basket case, so I'm not worried.

-Rd

Re: A la carte vigilantism

Goodness me, I didn't foresee the way this thread was going to be sidetracked into a pro/anti-'RA' discussion. I'm not inclined to comment here one way or the other on that particular debate, but would just like to make it clear that when I (ahem!) didn't advocate driving by in a balaclava and taking photos from a temporarily-unmarked car, I genuinely wasn't even remotely thinking about the possible capital to be gained from the mistaken assumption that you were from the knee-capping department - 'republican'(?) or otherwise.

I just thought that if you'd a simple 'anti-social behaviour' problem that the local Gárdaí were (simply) failing to deal with, and that you didn't want to confront these lads directly, nor perhaps their parents (anti-social or otherwise), this was one way - non-violent, and legal, barring the obscure-your-number-plates bit - of remedying it effectively (or at least displacing it). All I can say is that I've seen it work, more than once, in situations where recourse to the law/gárdaí had failed utterly.

I partly agree with the above poster about the urban/rural difference; village idiots - rural or urban - are usually led by the biggest, baddest idiot in the village. And there's every chance that the offender's parents don't know or don't give a f*ck about their offspring's behaviour outside the house. And the Lord of the Village Idiots may be street/boreen-wise enough to know that 'that oul boll*ix down in the copshop' is not going to come after him, and/or couldn't mount a case against him anyway... but a few of the accolytes might just take fright at the idea that an unidentifiable person had photographic evidence that might conceivably 'go against them' at some future point - if not with their parents, perhaps with a school principal :)rolleyes ) or a potential future employer, etc. And Boss Idiots are rarely inclined to hang around and indulge in anti-social behaviour without an audience...

I'm talking 'non-confrontational' call-their-bluff, here, and nothing more sinister..!

(Alternatively, of course, by all means go out and baseball-bat some 'Goddam RESPECT!' into the little miscreants... ;) )

That's exactly what it is, you're catching on. You can take all the parts of the vigilante lifestyle that don't involve actually breaking the law, or people's knee caps. In other words as long as you're not causing harm to peoples property or to their person then it's fine by me.
So just to clarify that....you are telling me that if a group of men in balaclavas, carrying baseball bats, rang your front doorbell at midnight, and they politely informed you that they really like your car, and then departed....you'd have no problem with that? You wouldn't even report this strange behaviour to the Gardai. There'd be no point, would there, because (according to you) they haven't broken any law. :lol
You're a brave man. Or a fool.

I can't name him, they all sound alike, but he's one of the ones regularly interviewed on the Last Word and on Vincent Brownes show. I'm pretty sure this particular interview was on Vincent Brownes. But it's not new news by any means.
Waffle. Not good enough. Try harder.

As to IRA drug accusations...this is from todays Indo:

Move to extradite former RUC man
AN ex-RUC man who has lived in the Republic since 1992 and has an Irish passport for two decades will be told on January 15 whether he faces extradition to Britain in connection with a big London heroin haul in 1992.
read on >> www.unison.ie/irish_indep...ue_id=6570
Take the beam out of your own eye before you criticise others.

A Different Country [NI], and Democratically speaking a Basket case, so I'm not worried.
That says it all about you. An arrogant and silly wee man.

>As to IRA drug accusations...this is from todays Indo:

What's that link got to do with the IRA and drug accusations?

>An arrogant and silly wee man.

You're referring to yourself, right?

Lads ,
give it up. please read the posting guidlines and either follow them or move onto another site.
Topic locked:

Back