Anti Eviction Task Force

This is an example of the type of person, they help out.

Seamus Sherlock appeared on Prime Time last Thursday 13 Sept backed up by a gang which was keeping the sheriff out. He was very clear. He claimed he had always paid his way. He was not looking for any debt write off. He was just looking for time. He had tried to do a deal with his bank, but they would not listen. He had paid a "five figure sum" to his solicitor but Bank of Scotland went ahead and got the repossession order. I was asked to comment on it and said that it was impossible to comment without knowing the details and asked if Mr Sherlock would provide the details - how much he owed, how much he had paid, how much he was in arrears, what was his farm worth?

I have just been given an article from The Irish Mail on Sunday by Valerie Hanley

Sherlock comes out on top
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...-a-year-reaches-agreement-with-bank-1.1488284
A FATHER of five who barricaded himself into his home for a year after he was threatened with eviction has finally reached an agreement with the bank that will allow his family stay in their home.
Speaking yesterday the father of five would not divulge the details of the agreement reached with the bank but said he plans to use his new freedom to continue helping others struggling with debt.
“There is a lot of people out there looking for help and I will be able to go out there and meet them in their homes... I use to represent people in court just more or less on an advisory level. That was something I wasn’t able to do for the last twelve months and there is a lot of poeple out there now looking for help and we will do everything we can do help them,” he said.

This will only cause more trouble...

Without knowing the details of the settlement it's hard to say who came out on top.

The Banks have had 5 years of this and I think have been frozen by the magnitude of the mess that they as PROFESSIONALS are largely responsible for. In the fluffy times they shovelled out funds to financially naiive customers who believed the PROFESSIONALS spin that all was upward.
Their staff were trained to lend , lend and lend.
They still havn,t the PROFESSIONAL skill to sort defaulters.
..............................................................................................
It must be horrifying to not be able to pay your mortgage.To await another letter, another demand. We still await the proper line up of Insolvency procedures. If it was up and running people and banks would have some clarity about what will happen. Surely ANYTHING is better than this Limbo that lender and borrower is in .
Nothing eats at people as much as uncertainty. As Bronte says Banks cant afford a Tsunami of repossessions . Knowing Banks I am afraid that Limbo will continue !!

"Financially Naiive customers"....it takes 2 to tango Gerry. Yes they are a few naiive folk out there that the banks pushed large mortgages at, but the vast majority would have gladly taken more if they were given it.
But of course it's not PC to say that!

"financially naiive customers"....it takes 2 to tango gerry. Yes they are a few naiive folk out there that the banks pushed large mortgages at, but the vast majority would have gladly taken more if they were given it.
But of course it's not pc to say that!

+1

Back