Anthony Foley RIP

Betsy Og

Terribly sad news, a real 'heart on his sleeve' guy, that even non rugby people (like myself) could respect and look up to. Awful for his family and all that knew him.

I did however cringe when I saw this link

http://www.independent.ie/videos/sp...ns-pay-tribute-to-anthony-foley-35136362.html

typical 'best fans in the world' cringe that used to attach itself to Munster a lot. Can people not just pay their respects without clapping themselves on the back....:rolleyes:

I was a huge fan of Foley. He was the captain during their finest hour, the fans are entitled to grieve and to a little self indulgence. A great man, gone too soon. My first thoughts were with his family. I remember him carrying his son on the pitch after the final in 2006. Tragic.

I was privaleged to be in Cardiff in 06 to watch him lift the cup, hard to imagine he was only 42, he seemed to have been around forever.

I was on my way to a hurling match in Cork when I heard the news. Nothing else was being talked about in the ground before the match and an impecible minutes silence. Heading back I heard Newstalk play the team singing "Stand up and Fight". Had to pull over to be honest.

I watched the replay of the 2006 final in Sky Sports (their coverage of his death has been superb).
I was very emotional watching him at the end.

Back