(Another) mortgage application question

Kramer

I am considering buying an investment property for approx €250k and am looking for an answer from some of the mortgage advisors here if possible.
My current disposable income would not enable me to make a very large mortgage payment every month, but I do have assets that would cover the cost of borrowing.
I think that I can realise more from the assets on an annual basis than the cost of the mortgage which would be approx €200k which is why I don't want to buy the property outright.
Do lenders take assets (cash & equities) in to account when processing a mortgage application and if they do, would they generally require you to pledge these assets to the instituion in the case of non-repayemnt of the mortgage?
Thanks for any help

See the key posts thread at the top of this forum for some discussion about interest only mortgages for investment properties and why these might be suitable in many cases.

I am familiar with the interest only mortgage possibility for an investment property and I assume that a lender would still require your disposable income to be able to cover the mortgage repayment.
My original post should have indicated that my monthly disposable income would not be enough for the repayments on an interest only mortgage, never mind a standard repayment mortgage.
Thanks

Back