another airlock problem with a shower

Roundy#

I've a bristan 1901 shower feed via a showermate 1.8 bar twin pump (not an electric shower). Had a guy from Bristan fit a new cartridge a couple og weeks ago. Since then the pump was on occasion, not coming on. Now it's completely gone. I'm pretty sure the system is airlocked, but can't seem to fix it myself.........any advice on how to do this?? Guy from bristan is gone to ground and I can't contact him.

i had an airlock in my triton shower last week, what i was advised to do (and it worked) was to take the shower head off and run the shower on cold water only for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes turn it to hot water for another 5 minutes. this solved the problem for us!

Bamboozle, does the shower head actually screw off? I didn't realise this. What's the reasoning behind removing the head though? I think I may have a similar problem. Thanks.

Bamboozle, does the shower head actually screw off? I didn't realise this. What's the reasoning behind removing the head though? I think I may have a similar problem. Thanks.

with my triton my shower head screws off, i'm not sure what the logic behind this was but it worked!

Back