Annoying Neighbours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoylentGreen

May Bank Holiday Weekend and our neighbour has had his power washer on now for at least three hours as he power washes his decking......again. He started this over the Easter Weekend and is continuing this task again this weekend. Same last year. It will be due a refresh over the June bank holiday weekend also.

No awareness that other people might like to be out in their gardens and not have to listen to his loud and noisy power washer.

I have had a neighbour using his Power Washer for three days on the trot. When the constant annoying drone ends the peace is bliss......and I suffer from tinnitus.

My only contribution here:- Live and Let Live.
and better again . . .
Join me in the Darkness into Light Walk and you'll come away with a different point of view.

Last edited:
I always find power washing strangely therapeutic. Kind of a spring ritual. Dead easy, minimal effort, little thought required, just fire up the Karcher and point. Lovely to see the winter grime just lift away revealing the pristine surface underneath. :cool:

Unless they're doing it at the crack of dawn \ during sleeping hours, well it's probably the only chance they get. Just one of those things you have to put up with.

I was in an apartment complex one time where an adjacent neighbour used a power brush cleaner on tiles in their bathroom at 1am on a saturday night... Now that's crossing the line.

My nextdoor neighbours were very regular power washers. They used a petrol powered washer. Dreadful noise for hours non stop. Thank god they moved away a few years ago. The new neighbors are fantastic. Peace has been restored.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my lazy neighbour does nothing about his dandelions or moss in his garden.....the spores just blow in to my garden and I end up having to deal with them.....and as for his Ivy!
My neighbours are known by my kids as "The Rude's" as they are just very rude people. They never say hello or in any way acknowledge any of my family when we see them. They let their ivy grow into my garden all the time and placed their child's wooden climbing frame/fort against the wall we share, despite them having a very large garden, looking right into my kitchen. Their little darlings can be screaming on it from 7.30 in the morning. I don't let it bother me although I do redirect the ivy back into their garden. I've also been known to stand in the kitchen in my underpants staring at the kids, but only when one of their parents is also in view, otherwise it would be creepy...
Before they moved in there was an old woman living there who kept herself to herself.

Last edited:
I've also been known to stand in the kitchen in my underpants staring at the kids, but only when one of their parents is also in view, otherwise it would be creepy...
Tighty Purpies doesn't have the same ring to it as Tighty Whities :p ... BUT @Purple, you standing in your kitchen looking out at your neighbours in such a state of (un)dress (regardless of their age) would still be a bit creepy... I feel or maybe I think ,anyway ;)!!!

Last edited:
I support @Purple's right to parade around his kitchen in whatever state of (un)dress he wants. The creeps are the ones staring into his private space, potentially at his privates.

My neighbour sometimes cuts my bit of a lawn when he's doing his own (no walls or boundaries to the fronts of our houses). I sometimes weed his drive edging when doing my own. Sometimes his dogs barking annoy me and my dogs and vice versa. Give and take, the colour of life.

My neighbours are known by my kids as "The Rude's" as they are just very rude people. They never say hello or in any way acknowledge any of my family when we see them. They let their ivy grow into my garden all the time as placed their child's wooden climbing frame/fort against the wall we share, despite them having a very large garden, looking right into my kitchen. Their little darlings can be screaming on it from 7.30 in the morning. I don't let it bother me although I do redirect the ivy back into their garden. I've also been known to stand in the kitchen in my underpants staring at the kids, but only when one of their parents is also in view, otherwise it would be creepy...
Before they moved in there was an old woman living there who kept herself to herself.
That's Risky Business.

My neighbours are known by my kids as "The Rude's" as they are just very rude people. They never say hello or in any way acknowledge any of my family when we see them. They let their ivy grow into my garden all the time as placed their child's wooden climbing frame/fort against the wall we share, despite them having a very large garden, looking right into my kitchen. Their little darlings can be screaming on it from 7.30 in the morning. I don't let it bother me although I do redirect the ivy back into their garden. I've also been known to stand in the kitchen in my underpants staring at the kids, but only when one of their parents is also in view, otherwise it would be creepy...
Well that image has put me off my cornflakes,,,,,,and I'll be checking the neighbours windows closely ,,,from behind my curtains

Well that image has put me off my cornflakes,,,,,,and I'll be checking the neighbours windows closely ,,,from behind my curtains
You should be up and breakfasted long before now!

Last edited:
The same old House Alarms have been ringing this morning as I was doing my gardening. Same neighbours every year not checking to see that their windows have been closed before switching on their alarm.

I support @Purple's right to parade around his kitchen in whatever state of (un)dress he wants. The creeps are the ones staring into his private space, potentially at his privates.
Absolutely!! @Purple is entitled to enjoy a full naturist lifestyle in the privacy of his own home, if he, er, feels like doing so. What's creepy is the neighbours building a climbing frame against his wall so they are able to catch a look.

Absolutely!! @Purple is entitled to enjoy a full naturist lifestyle in the privacy of his own home, if he, er, feels like doing so. What's creepy is the neighbours building a climbing frame against his wall so they are able to catch a look.
I wear my underpants. I don't want to appear creepy. The next step will we wearing my partners knickers, only if that fails will I go the full Monty.

Eating cornflakes will never be the same again for me .....that image will never go away :oops:. .....I'll have to change to porridge.

Eating cornflakes will never be the same again for me .....that image will never go away :oops:. .....I'll have to change to porridge.
Porridge? That's what I eat when I'm staring at them. The important thing is to never break eye contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back