Anglo Irish Premium Demand dropped to 4.75%

gol

Just noticed on the Anglo website that the interest rate on the premium demand account has been dropped from 5.5% to 4.75%.

One of the very few reasons for keeping funds in this bank was the quite attractive demand interest rate. After this change, for now at least, other banks (like Northern Rock) are offering higher demand rates so it is worth considering getting your funds out Anglo now to seek a better rate.

I have no affiliation with Anglo, Northern Rock or anyone else. I just want to get a good level of security with best rate of return on my deposits like many others on this forum.

Northern Rock monthly interest account was 4.75 . .The annual interest option is 5%.
Neither appear to have changed according to the NR website.

Does the government guarantee the deposit the full amount of their saving now that it is nationalised. Also do the have the best rate for savers.

joody

yes, but it was covered before it was nationalised - all Irish banks are fully guaranteed.
see best buys for rates, best for regular saver account and second best for 1 yr fixed, up there with demand account at 4.75% not online only.

Thanks for your reply Optimum are the Irish banks in the UK covered as well for instance such as the BoI, I am sure there must be others but I cannot think of them right now.

Joody

Back