Anglo Irish Annual Regular Savings Account

Re: Anglo Irish launches new 8% Regular Savings Account

Yes. The longer money is on deposit the higher the interest returns.

Thanks again for your advice (and patience!) ClubMan

From the calculation on the Rugular Saving.
Isn't it I better off to put the lump sum into the 6 months Fixed term account instead of feeding from my lump sum saving into this regular saving account?

4 Withdrawals
4.2 If you close your Account we will pay interest up to the date of closure at the applicable rate for the Regular Annual Saver Account.

I like this!!!

Of course not. Only the first €1K is on deposit for 12 months, the next for 11, the next for 10 etc.

What happens after the 12 months - it looks from the Ts & Cs that it you can only save for 12months - does anyone know if they will just stop taking in money but leave the lump sum on deposit at the prevailing rate (minimum ECB + 2%) ?
Is this what has happened with the 7% accounts ?

When the 7% accounts matured options were given to put the lump sum on deposit in one of their existing products - no special offer, just their prevailing rates for lump sums.

When the 7% accounts matured options were given to put the lump sum on deposit in one of their existing products - no special offer, just their prevailing rates for lump sums.

which were rather annoying (and strangely!) lowered a few days ago :(

When opening this account, can you make two lodgements of €1,000 each in the first month i.e. an initial lodgement of €1,000 to open the account and another lodgement of €1,000 in the same month.

I see from the Best Buys that the effective maximum balance is €13,000 after one year.

Am I right in this?

You can only make one lodgement in each calendar month. €13,000 comes from the anniversary month, where you can make a final lodgement before the account maturity date.

Approximately €514 gross or €411 net according to this calculator using 8% as the rate (actual monthly compounding rate used may be different so this calculation may overestimate the returns).

I dont understand this. what other deductions are there apart from DIRT?

I dont understand this. what other deductions are there apart from DIRT?
None - what I was getting at is that I was using the CAR in my calculations but the actual correct rate for such calculations may be the nominal or some other rate which compounds to dictate the CAR.

I would also be interested to know this. Is the return greater on putting €10k in the 6 month fixed term @ 5.35% and then into a 5% interest account for the next 6 months or is drip feeding into the 8% regular savings from an account earning 4% at present the better option?

From the calculation on the Rugular Saving.
Isn't it I better off to put the lump sum into the 6 months Fixed term account instead of feeding from my lump sum saving into this regular saving account?

found a savings calculator online and it worked out as follows:

Drip feed 12k from a 4% a/c to the 8% at a rate of 1k a month
results in interest of €225 + €532 after 12 months = €757

Drop 12k into 6 month fixed term @ 5.35% and then into 5% a/c for 6 month = interest of €324 + €303 = €627

all interest is gross of DIRT.

I sent the application form off on Tuesday and have heard nothing back. How long has it taken others. I want to have it set up in time for a grand to go in to it on the 1st of every month.

I called into the branch. New customer. Done in 5 minutes and got the account number as well. Made electronic transfer that day. Also got the application form to register for Anglo online banking. Just bring one photo id and one utility bill for address verification.

I called into the branch. New customer. Done in 5 minutes and got the account number as well. Made electronic transfer that day. Also got the application form to register for Anglo online banking. Just bring one photo id and one utility bill for address verification.

When you say electronic transfer I assume you mean you used online banking from an existing current A/C with some other bank (since you say you only go the forms to register with Anglo online). Did it not take a week to set up the savings A/C as a registered transfer account or it is just BOI that takes ages for that?

Did it not take a week to set up the savings A/C as a registered transfer account or it is just BOI that takes ages for that?
With Halifax you can setup a payee A/C and send money to it immediately.

With Halifax you can setup a payee A/C and send money to it immediately.

BOI you ring up, ask them to add it, they then send you a letter a week later with a pin to activate it. Apparently its for security buts its really annoying :(

Hi all,
Just after opening the 8% account. First time dealing with Anglo. Opted on the application form for electronic transfers. Sent the forms and verification documents on Monday, and this document arrived today called a "confirmation" like a statement, no letter, nothing - it had an account number which didn't seem to match regular bank account no.s and no sorting code, no balance as I aimed to make the first lodgement electronically.
Rang them - guy gave me sort code, but was very vague and what I was to do from here - according to him any number of deposits in any calender month to a max of €1000, you can set up a SO or manually transfer each month, date doesn't matter as long as its in that month. So that's all I have to go on so far - can anyone shed any light on the true situation?
I also had to request that the original utility bills sent to verify address were returned. I don't have a branch close to me to drop in.

Rang them - guy gave me sort code, but was very vague and what I was to do from here - according to him any number of deposits in any calender month to a max of €1000, you can set up a SO or manually transfer each month, date doesn't matter as long as its in that month. So that's all I have to go on so far - can anyone shed any light on the true situation?
I'm surprised you seem to be having problems dealing with them. I have dealt with Anglo for years and have always found them to be professional and efficient.

If you are going to fund the account using electronic transfers (e.g. from online banking with another bank) then you need to get the Anglo account sort code and account number to set up the required EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) on your other account. How you do this depends on your other bank's procedures. Some (e.g. Halifax, AIB (?)) allow you to set them up online while others require you to contact them by phone or even post to get new EFT payees set up. I had no problem getting the details (sort code and account number) from Anglo when I opened the 7% regular saver over a year ago. Once you have done this then you can fund the Anglo account is any number of transactions in any one month once the total does not exceed €1K.

You can also contact Anglo to register with www.angloconnect.com to see your accounts online if you like.

Back