Actually, it sounds better in Irish.

Last edited:
I can imagine them canvassing

"I am calling from Renua"
"From wha?"
"Renua"
"Renuwha?"
"No, Renu -ah"

It's just going to take too long at the doors.

It is Irish. Re (e fada, pronounced "ray") Nua. It means New Era or New Time or New Regime / Epoch

And someone else seems to be using the name for political purposes - set up in March 2013

[broken link removed]

Registrant Name: Mossy O Mahony
Registrant Address1: 19 Mount Vernon Terrace
Registrant Address2: St Lukes
Registrant City: Cork

Brendan

Pity. I thought it was quite clever initially bridging the two languages Ré nua and Renewal. Ah well, c'est la vie :) If that's what she meant

If by some miracle they last a 2nd Dail will we start calling them gnath re, and when they're washed up they can be sean re. There's only so much shelf life in "Nua".

I think their politics will be similar to mine, but similar to FG. Basically I think its an unnecessary departure, an unfortunate fragmentation when things are already "bursting up", to echo an old FFer. Ok Lucinda had an attack of conscience (& fair play to her), but a more flexible FG approach would avoid this sideshow.

(Ps I wasn't motivated to write this at some ungodly hour. New job, entails a trip to west coast, staving off jet lag).

This New Party is Fine Gael by a different name (let's say Fine Gael Beag). The runners will probably perform well in the general election and capture a few seats. Then it will be an alliance with Fine Gael and later possibly reunification with Fine Gael. Whatever way we look at this new party it is just another way of fending off some opposition from the likes of Sinn Féin and Independents. Voters in Ireland are becoming more informed and more intelligent and the days of Civil War Politics (while not gone) are on the way out.

Once I saw that woman Healy Eames was involved I wanted nothing to do with it-We probably do need a new force in Irish politics-nether healy eames or this party are it...by any stretch of the imagination.

Voters in Ireland are becoming more informed and more intelligent
You must be joking.
The fragmentation of Irish politics into various groups of more and more populist ultra-left netters and the shameless band-wagoneering by some of the Brethren in their attempt to look like they are leading the anti-water charges/ anti-paying your fair share of taxes brigade is all the evidence we need of the selfish, populist ignorant nature of so many Irish voters. They may have un-burdened themselves of civil war politics but they haven't replaced it with anything approaching informed intelligence.
At this stage the Labour party looks positively attractive and comparatively rational and economically literate!

Once I saw that woman Healy Eames was involved I wanted nothing to do with it-We probably do need a new force in Irish politics-nether healy eames or this party are it...by any stretch of the imagination.
She's not. She's stated she's going to run as an independent.

Regardless the fact Lucinda was trawling for candidates of Healy Eames calibre speaks volumes.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...y-referendum-could-end-mother-s-day-1.2140776

Apparently she is too socially conservative for Lucinda:

She broke with [broken link removed] when she voted against the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill and was associated with fellow Independent TD Lucinda Creighton’s previous Reform Alliance grouping.

A native of [broken link removed], Co [broken link removed], Ms Healy Eames announced last month she would not be joining Ms Creighton’s new party, Renua [broken link removed], and said she would stand as an Independent in [broken link removed] in the next general election.

Back