Amazon

• Thread starter Prometheus2
  • Start date
P

Prometheus2

I work on a semi-public computer. I went onto Amazon a few days ago and purchased some books. Now every time I log onto the site from this computer it automatically remembers my name. There is a section at the top called "John's Store". Does anyone know how to cancel this ??

Go into your internet options (in your browser) and delete temp internet files and unselect the remember passwords and forms options.

Should do the trick.

Now every time I log onto the site from this computer it automatically remembers my name.

Your username is stored in a cookie.

Take a look at Amazon's help pages under Security & Privacy Notice

What About Cookies?

* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, New for You, personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
* The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Amazon.co.uk's most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
* If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.

sign off

Click on the "Welcome" Tab directly to the left of "johns store" then it gives you the option to sign out as John.

Re: sign off

Thanks everyone. Did the job !!

Good.

You don't want "Debbie Does Dallas" and "Debbie Does Dallas Again" showing up under "John's Recently Viewed Items" on the bottom of the screen when someone else next visits Amazon on the shared PC.... :)

Back