Am i qualified to give a compliance cert?

A

Aine

I hav an ordinary degree in architectural technology, am i qualified to give a cert of compliance for a house? Assuming i drew the plans, sent them in for planning and observed the construction of the house..

Should the question not be "am I insured to give a compliance cert?"

This is what i want to enquire about. Do i need some sort of insurance? Do i need to be a business registered with some sort of organisation? I am only new to this, coming straight out of college i am unsure on the process.. Who is qualified/insured to give a compliance cert?

As far as I know, to do compliance certs you need to have PI Insurance, and be a (full?) member of RIAI, CIAT or one of the other institutes that would be recognised by the bank.

This is what i want to enquire about. Do i need some sort of insurance? Do i need to be a business registered with some sort of organisation? I am only new to this, coming straight out of college i am unsure on the process.. Who is qualified/insured to give a compliance cert?

Yes you would need insurance.
It is a very dangerous thing to be doing (due to your lack of experience) - I would suggest sub-contracting the supervision of the construction to an engineer. Or fully handing the project over to one for supervision.

Back