Am i entitled to a pension refund???

S

sharina

Hi
I took out a pension about four years ago when I was working to secure my future. I was paying 80euro a month and after several months I had to cancel it as I could no longer keep up payments. I informed the company and was told i could not recieve my money back.. Is this the correct?

Hi
I took out a pension about four years ago when I was working to secure my future. I was paying 80euro a month and after several months I had to cancel it as I could no longer keep up payments. I informed the company and was told i could not recieve my money back.. Is this the correct?

What type of pension arrangement was it - Personal Pension, PRSA or Occupational Pension Scheme (Company Scheme)?

If it was an Occupational Pension Scheme did you leave the job?

It couldnt have been an occupational pension scheme if he "cancelled" it

Most Occupational Pension Schemes would permit an employee cease their contributions and in so doing, the employer contribution would also cease. Most people outside of the industry would consider that "cancelled" even if it's not the correct technical term.

sorry i meant public service occupational pension scheme, didnt think of a private arrangement's. woops

Im trying to cancel my current pension contributions through my job at the moment but with very little joy. Except in my case it's because I've no faith in the current scheme and want to put it into something much 'safer'. Anyone got any advice because the pension people have not replied to my request or enquiries.

Im trying to cancel my current pension contributions through my job at the moment but with very little joy. Except in my case it's because I've no faith in the current scheme and want to put it into something much 'safer'. Anyone got any advice because the pension people have not replied to my request or enquiries.

• Is it an Occupational Pension Scheme (Company Scheme) or a PRSA?
  • Does your employer make contributions?
  • Are there alternative fund choices within your existing scheme?
  • What would you consider "safer"?
  • How long have your requests and enquiries been ignored?

It's the DAA/AerLingus pension scheme. I've been in it just shy of 20 years. I'm now 40 and I feel like the scheme I'm paying into wont be paying me anything. It seems like it's all a mess not to mention the news of industrial action yesterday. I've enquired about leaving but all I'm told is I can't pull out unless termination of employment. Surely that's up to the employee if they want to stay in scheme, no?

As to an alternative scheme? No nothing else offered.

Safer? Im thinking a term savings account with as high an interest rate as I can possibly get? Seems better than what I have now by the sounds of it.

Back