Am i better off on Welfare?

I think the same sometimes

I am 25 have a four year old son have always worked full time and I don't get zilch all mI want is a proper roof over our heads iinstead of having to live with my parents and yet if I give up work I would get that. This country is totally backwards in the grand scheme of things!

Thank you for that link. Puts my problem in perspective and made me question why we become so enslaved to our debts and threats and realise that today is all that really matters until tomorrow comes.

Disturbing article and more disturbing the SVP's attitude to the lady.

it is disturbing and shocking certainly but I really don't understand why the woman is struggling to put food on the table with an income of 250pw.

regarding the original post, yes it is frustrating working and paying the bills and just about breaking even each month. the mortgage and childcare costs are obviously a major drain on finances. when the 300 going to the credit union loan? ceases then that will ease things considerably. if both were on social welfare the mortgage would still be there, mortgage interest supplement would only pay some of the interest portion maybe 200-300 a month. stay working and implement a home budget.

I read it and cant do not respond.
I am single parent with 2 children, and smaller baby has down syndrome. From state im getting rent allowance and opp, what is 240/w.
But what i wanted to say-is not money. It is take responsibilities being alone. I cant get sick and i cant afford great lifestyle. My little one has hearth surgery straight after delivery - and i had to run between hospital and home-baby in hospital, bigger daughter at school and not big enough to be left alone. And nobody to help. Since September i did not slept one night well. Being sick with flu and fever i had to wake up several times at night feed baby. I had to attend all appointments; do all paperwork, running from employer to gp, from gp somewhere else and fill it up all forms. You know-i would wish do not be alone and have some rest...
So never tell, that other person shoes looks better before you tried them..
Myself and my partner earn €390pw each. We have 1 child Thats €3120 between is pm. We pay €1200pm mortgage. €800pm Childcare. €300pm Credit Union. That leaves is with €820pm between us. Then there is the gas, esb, petrol. We are left with pittins. We even qualified for a medical card due to our low incomes. Its depressing being broke all the time.

A person i know on the other hand lives at home with her parents. She gets the opfp which is €90pw and she works full time earning €420pw. That brings her to €510pw Her childcare costs are €30 pw in the local Government run Crech. Needless to say she can afford a great lifestyle. newish car, holidays, nice clothes, while i struggle to pay for food, nappies ect,

My question is, is it right that i have to pay tax that goes to people who are more well of than me?

Back