Altos del Liomnar Torrevieja Spain: investment performance and future prospects.

dandy

Has anyone bought in this developement in Torrevieja, would be interested to know your feelings regarding your investment performance and future prospects.

Re: Altos del liomnar Torrevieja Spain

Can't comment directly, but would say that the market in Spain is very depressed at the moment, and at its' peak Torrevieja was regarded as rather downmarket, with high crime rates, and often being described as the 'biggest council estate in Europe'. A quick search shows no shortage of property for sale there (and some properties have been on the market a very long time) so I would say from an investment point of view it's probably a lemon, with no prospect of that changing, cetainly in the medium term.

Hi,

Can't comment on that particular development. But I do own a property about 6 kms south of Torrvieja and I regularly go into Torrvieja on shopping trips and at weekends particularly on Saturday evenings and I've never had a problem. Torrvieja is rather high rise, it has a lovely promenade and marina. I'd have no problem stolling along there at 11 on a saturday night with my family - no drunks falling around - can't say you can say the same for most Irish Towns or cities on a saturday night. It has a high crime rate but that is mainly for burglaries and from what I gather it is not spanish doing these crimes it is eastern european. If you buy in most places in spain you have to be very vigilant with security but other than that I love spain. [broken link removed] is a place to post your question. If I were you I would not buy a new place there a hundreds of very good 2nd hand properties at rock bottom prices. The good thing about Torrvieja is that it is between to airports Alicante and Murcia so you can shop around for flights.

Good luck in your venture but do your research on the company you are buying from.

angela59

It has a high crime rate but that is mainly for burglaries and from what I gather it is not spanish doing these crimes it is eastern european.
What is the relevance of the alleged nationality of the criminal in this situation? :confused: What difference does it make to a foreign investor whose apartment happens to be burgled?

Hi Clubman,

I would hate for innocent spanish people to be labelled as thieves - as the previous poster referred to Torrvieja as having a high crime rate - to someone who wouldn't know it may look like the locals are creating this crime when in fact it isn't. Hope this clears the matter up for you.

Angela59

But it's okay to label eastern europeans as thieves? Any particular subdivision by nationality or just the whole darn lot of the blighters?!

Hi Ancutza,

No I ain't labelling all eastern europeans as thieves - I know some very nice eastern european people and trust them very much - it is the area around Torrvieja we are talking about here and the crime rate there - According to some of the local papers there - costa blanca news etc the crimes are being committed by Eastern European gangs - so I am not getting at Eastern European people in general - I'm reitterating what I've read and heard about in the vicinity of Torrvieja.

Angela59

I think it will take quite some time for property in Torreveija to again be considered a investment,prices have tumbled so far and if you walk into any bank and ask to speak to the Bank Manager there will be plenty only to keen to get rid of properties that have been defaulted on.
The developers have built way too much and not enough thought has gone into the planning and infrastructure.
There is also not enough police stations or indeed policemen in this area to deal with the crime levels which are high and needs to be addressed by the Spanish authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back