Alicante use airbridge or stairs

wrixon

Heading to Alicante airport shortly. Do Ryanair us the airbridge or steps front and back . If they use the airbridge then it will take ages to disembark.

Emtying any Ryanair flight once the dor(s) is open takes about 10 minutes. If you feel that's cumbersome and will make a differance then I suggest you pre book a seat at the front.

Yes, it takes 10 mins if both front and rear exits are used, however, the last time I flew to Alicante with Ryanair, the airbridge was in use, with only one exit. It took much longer than 10 mins.
Can anyone confirm which one is being used, the airbridge or steps

In Alicante Airport I can cathegorically confirm that Ryanair uses the steps; Aer Lingus uses the airbridge.

Once you leave the aircraft you have about 10 mins of walk for Passport Control and collecting baggage. Remarkably, you don't see anybody other than fellow passengers while walking to the baggage carousels. So from leaving your seat you are talking about 20 mins to the carousels.

If you are taking a coach/bus from Alicante it departs from the top floor of the airport (I know you didn't ask for this, but just in case, I'm trying to save you some time looking for the bus section. Minibuses for car rental leave from where they inform you in advance.

If you need any more info re Alicante Airport please feel free to ask.

travelled out from Dublin through Alicante airport in October via Ryanair and can confirm Leper's account. No problems and very fast via steps. Travelled home also via Ryanair but through Madrid airport and only one airbridge used here with total chaos as passengers from front and rear ends of plane with small kids ,baggage etc all entered plane via single front airbridge and attempted to reach seating in disorder with long delays.

Occasionally, at Alicante Airport the Ryanair flights park quite a distance from the terminal buildings. In such a situation, when you disembark there are buses waiting to take you to the terminal building. This does not mean that Bus No. 1 will be the first to arrive. It probably depends on the Spanish temperament of the drivers (I'm sure they single out the most placid passengers to try and drive them crazy). However, the good news is that when they use the buses you can bypass Passport Control.

Back