Alcatel Linkhub- what to do with it?

Slim

As a result of an issue with my home broadband, the provider sent me 'a device for mobile broadband'. Due to a mix up on their part, the device did not get posted. Subsequently, the engineer arrived and fixed the broadband. A few hrs later, the Alcatel linkhub LTE cat7 Home Station arrived along with a sim card.

What can/could I do with this? What use is it to me?

I'm a bit clueless on this technology. Thank you.

Stick it in a drawer

Or, send it back to your provider
If I stick it in the drawer, what use might I make of it in future? How do I know if there's credit on the sim? Does the sim have a number?

Well, I was thinking of trying to make use of it but not sure how. What would you do with it? I'm assuming you already have broadband.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was thinking of trying to make use of it but not sure how. What would you do with it? I'm assuming you already have broadband.

I have mobile broadband and an ageing collection of mi-fi routers. So I'd simply put one of my sims into it and try it out. If it was faster than my current router (Huawei B528s) then I'd keep using it. If not, then I'd pass it on to my son.

If you're with Vodafone then the SIM is probably linked to your broadband account and provides backup in case the home broadband drops. So probably worth keeping.

Isn't it quite likely that the device remains the property of the service provider and they may want it back now or if/when you eventually leave them - and may charge a penalty if that doesn't happen?
I'd certainly check that out with them before getting rid of it/selling it/giving it away.

Reactions: Leo
Isn't it quite likely that the device remains the property of the service provider and they may want it back now or if/when you eventually leave them - and may charge a penalty if that doesn't happen?
I'd certainly check that out with them before getting rid of it/selling it/giving it away.
Fair point but I get the impression that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing in that company. I hate the thought of phoning them up again. I will hold on to it and see if they follow up in the near future. Thanks for the response.

Back