Airtricity supplying gas

gnubbit

Just wondering if anyone knows the latest on when they will start offering gas. No date on their website - it just says "soon". I was thinking of switching to Flogas but thought I might hold off till I see what's on offer with Airtricity.

Airtricity gas

Airtricity selling gas and electricity switcher service door-to-door yesterday 13th May 2010.
Did not sign up as reluctant to sign anything from door-to-door salesmen.

Just wondering if anyone knows the latest on when they will start offering gas. No date on their website - it just says "soon". I was thinking of switching to Flogas but thought I might hold off till I see what's on offer with Airtricity.
Why would you hold off on saving money? Makes no sense.

You can change supplier with 20 days notice.

Just went to change to Airtricity (10% cheaper vs Flogas 9%) and already use Airtricity for electricity with a budget account. Turns out if you are a current electricity customer and want to add on gas you have to come off their budget plan before being accepted which was a real surprise. Went on to Flogas who offer a budget plan and have just signed up. Seems really silly on the part of Airtricity but sure is one big opportunity for Flogas to take a slice of the action for the gas market

Just had pushy guy from Airtricity call this evening to door - I said I already did it on the internet and he said but you wont get as good an offer as what i can sign you up for. If this is true not a good start at all? I just wanted to get rid of him so I dont have the full details.

I want to update the best buys. I need to completely understand the Airticity tariff details first.

The Airtricity website states that their standard charge is 197.28 EUR but "they have the same standard charge as Bord Gais". Bord Gais quote a lower figure.

Can someone please clarify this point.

The Offer advertised on TV only applies if are a gas & electricity customer with Airtricity (Duel Fuel).

Also the rates / savings advertised are based on ESB prices not Bord Gais prices so be careful, you may think you are getting a better deal than you actualy are. Read the small print before you make up your mind.

Thanks all ... am signed up now. Seems to be a lot more efficient than when I switched to Bord Gais.

Just had pushy guy from Airtricity call this evening to door - I said I already did it on the internet and he said but you wont get as good an offer as what i can sign you up for. If this is true not a good start at all? I just wanted to get rid of him so I dont have the full details.
Similar experience here - wanted my details even though I was already signed up and had a/c number etc. Very pushy indeed.

Why would you hold off on saving money? Makes no sense.

You can change supplier with 20 days notice.
Well I knew Airtricity's gas supply was imminent and for the sake of the small amount I'd have saved, I didn't want to switch twice - it was such a hassle when I switched before but this time seems ok.

Well I knew Airtricity's gas supply was imminent and for the sake of the small amount I'd have saved, I didn't want to switch twice - it was such a hassle when I switched before but this time seems ok.
I switched electricity supplier recently, took less than 10 mins. Switched this time last year too... also took less than 10 mins.

I switched electricity supplier recently, took less than 10 mins. Switched this time last year too... also took less than 10 mins.
Same here. And last time there seemed to be a huge delay in BGE contacting ESB. This time, everything seems to have moved quickly. I got a confirmation letter straight away and heard from my old suppliers within a couple of days seeing if they could lure me back!

Flogas now offering the same 20% off with no contract so no breakage fee just want direct debit. Please note as mentioned previously the standing charge increases with both Airtricity and FLogas.I have no dealings knowledge of FLogas but they are owned by DCC I think anyone ever deal with them???

This is news I hoped for and yes I would recommend Flogas -however I would ring them rather than do it online as had problem's at the start. Got 1st bill few month's back and happy customer so far.

Took this useful comparison from money guide Ireland...its not as transparent as you would think...

Bord Gais have two competitors for the supply of Natural Gas in Ireland – Flogas and Airtricity.
Airtricity and Flogas are competing for new customers while Bord Gais are still bound by the Regulator and cannot drop prices without agreement from them.
Both Flogas and Airtricity claim “20% Savings” on Bord Gais prices – but those figures are not really true.
have dropped their gas prices for new customers – if they agree to sign up for at least a year. (Airtricity will only supply customers with gas if they also get electricity from them.)

How much can you save by switching gas suppliers ?

Natural Gas Prices Compared (New customers)

Company
€ cent
per Kwh

Total € for
20500 kWh

Annual
Saving €
Bord Gais 4.463 1047 0 Airticity Dual Fuel DD Ebill 4.02 970 77 Flogas DD (Standing Charge
€124.85) 3.57 921 126 Flogas DD
(15% Off) 3.793 910 137 Airtricity “Biggest Save” DD
Dual Fuel and Ebill
1 Year Contract 3.57 877 170

1 Year Contract 3.57 877 170 Figures correct as at October 5th 2010
(These prices shown include standing charges and the new carbon tax)

As you can see from the comparison above - a Bord Gais customer using 20500 kwH of gas a year would spend €170 a year less on gas if they switched to Airtricity . This is a saving of just under 18% on Bord Gais prices. (Not the 20% advertised !)
Be aware though – that this Airtricity special rate is for customers who also get Electricity off them and pay by Direct Debit and sign up for a 1 year contract. (€100 penalty to leave). The Airtricity deal does not guarantee Electricity prices to drop if ESB prices fall during those 12 months.
Consumers also need to consider their total spend on both gas and electricity – especially when some of these cheap deals tie you in to getting both fuels from one provider.
You may get a better deal on Electricity if you check out our item on Cheapest Gas and Electricity . Overall it could work out cheaper to go with 2 different providers.

http://www.*****************.com/

Back