Airlock issue

Mick31

Hi all,

I have an issue with my hot water system. Simply, hot water is not hot enough, you can easily take a shower with hot water without mixint it with cold.

Recently I have had the same issue, plumber called in and simply released some air out and that was it. He showed me the vent that he opened and this time just told me to do the same. I tried to open it but could not do it.

Anybody knows how to open this vent (picture attached)? Think its caled tpr valve. I don't want to force it to much and break something.

Cheers

Mick

Attachments

• IMG_20160502_091540.jpg
    IMG_20160502_091540.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 170
Hi all,

I have an issue with my hot water system. Simply, hot water is not hot enough, you can easily take a shower with hot water without mixint it with cold.

Recently I have had the same issue, plumber called in and simply released some air out and that was it. He showed me the vent that he opened and this time just told me to do the same. I tried to open it but could not do it.

Anybody knows how to open this vent (picture attached)? Think its caled tpr valve. I don't want to force it to much and break something.

Cheers

Mick
that unit is an automatic vent
just loosen the red plastic cap and any trapped air will escape
if no air leaks out it means that there is no air in the system

that unit is an automatic vent
just loosen the red plastic cap and any trapped air will escape
if no air leaks out it means that there is no air in the system
Thank you. The red cap has always been loose, however the plumber managed to open the thing and lots of air came out the last time he was in.

Can you feel the top of the cylinder? If not, when you run the hot tap, how hot does the pipe coming from the very top of the cylinder get?

How are you heating the water?

When the plumber released the air, did the temperature improve for a while?

Back