Aib

almo

I don't know if anyone has gone through this before, but I requested a change in pin number for internet banking etc, I ordered it 3 weeks ago and yet until friday nothing had arrived. I wouldn't mind but it was a Monday morning, and they said it'd be there by Wednesday "or by friday at the latest", yet a week later still nothing. On top of that I called and asked about the delay, but was told that until this one has been found I cannot have another. The problem came when I asked could my Dad pick it up (I'm ex ireland) and was told no, I asked could I fax permission, I was told no. I asked if I went to the Irish Consul could I have him collect it, I was told no. I had to come in person.

I asked could I then pay my VISA and MBNA bill over the phone, but until I had my new pin code they wouldn't allow me, this last part I was really surprised by.

Am I getting normal AIB treatment and is An Post so bad within Dublin?

The problem came when I asked could my Dad pick it up (I'm ex ireland) and was told no, I asked could I fax permission, I was told no. I asked if I went to the Irish Consul could I have him collect it, I was told no. I had to come in person.
I don't understand what the Irish Consul has got to do with this but surely it's a reasonable security measure that the bank will not give out credentials necessary for accessing banking details to anybody other than the specific account holder?

Back