AIB write off 150k. IMHO helped.

Wonder is this view over the top?

AIB now have a nice bit of soft media comment on how IMHO are good guys and that AIB are assisting people etc.
I have no doubt IMHO are good people trying to sort issues, but at the rate cases are being sorted we will never get through the backlog.
I have little doubt that Pip,s will tire.

In short, issue is not being sorted?

In relation to transparency, I do think its wrong that the ISI has been allowed to avoid giving any tangible progress report on its activities.

Unless I'm reading this completely wrong, the ISI business model is failing dismally. I would be very surprised if there is more than 200 live cases in the ISI system at this time. If the case load at the ISI is well below expectations and the costs are stacking up (70 -90 people employed there) It wont be very long before the ISI will be before the PAC trying to explain why they are 10 million in the red.

I wouldn't blame the ISI staff entirely for its failure but if it is running unexpected losses as I suspect it might be, someone should be flagging this now.

In relation to transparency, I do think its wrong that the ISI has been allowed to avoid giving any tangible progress report on its activities.

Unless I'm reading this completely wrong, the ISI business model is failing dismally. I would be very surprised if there is more than 200 live cases in the ISI system at this time. If the case load at the ISI is well below expectations and the costs are stacking up (70 -90 people employed there) It wont be very long before the ISI will be before the PAC trying to explain why they are 10 million in the red.

I wouldn't blame the ISI staff entirely for its failure but if it is running unexpected losses as I suspect it might be, someone should be flagging this now.

ISI has only been running for a few months, right? Why not submit an FOI request or get a friendly TD to submit a PQ if you want information?

The Insolvency Service is appearing before the Oireachtas Finance Committee on 3 April, I think.

Why not do a briefing note on your views and the questions you would like asked, and send it to one or two of the members? They are there to represent you and would welcome some informed briefing.

Membership list

I have no beef with the IMHO. I'm surprised to hear that they dont charge a fee. I previously heard 800 euro but that's possibly not correct so.

Very informative post earlier there Dr. Debt.

The 800 Euro fee sounds about right, I understand that applies to those who are not AIB/KBC etc.
For borrowers not with AIB/EBS/Haven (or certain others?) €150 for initial consultation (subject to ability to pay) and €800 to engage/negotiate with the lender.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=1377736&postcount=33

The Insolvency Service is appearing before the Oireachtas Finance Committee on 3 April, I think.

DRN's (under 20K of debt)

How many debt relief notices have been granted.
Do they think the system works well.
How would they improve it.
Do they think there is too much paperwork
Why do Mabs cancel the application if you don't come back to them with the uptodate documents, why do you need to constantly get up to date documents
Why does someone have to go via Mabs, why can't they liase directly with ISI, via modern technology, and submit electronically
What are they doing about the fact that some instituitons won't supply the correct information, any information, too late etc

ISI

How many staff
What do they do
What is the cost of the ISI
What is the average cost per DRN/Insolvency etc
Do they think naming people in a small country like Ireland puts off applications

Bankruptcy

DRN's (under 20K of debt)

Do they think naming people in a small country like Ireland puts off applications

Bankruptcy

You are only entered into the register. The register can be viewed only if somebody knows who they are looking for. They have to perform a search. There will be no public advertising/display of persons entered. A late change made to the legislation if I remember correctly.

You are only entered into the register. The register can be viewed only if somebody knows who they are looking for. They have to perform a search. There will be no public advertising/display of persons entered. A late change made to the legislation if I remember correctly.

There is a link on their website, are you saying if you know the name of somebody you can look at it that way, or can you visit their office and see the entire list?

I found this very handy guide to how to fill out the form for bankruptcy

[broken link removed]

It's only 33 pages long ! It's actually quite funny really because the ISI have obviously been bombarded with questions on how to fill it out and no doubt had to send lots of forms back to be fixed. Maybe somebody in there could instead design a foolproof easy form.

As far as I was made aware, you can only search on the website, if you know the persons details you are looking for. If you know their name and they have/had a protective cert of agreement in a PIA or DRN, then you can view the details. But there will be no advertising in papers or the likes with names and details etc., like originally planned.

And what's to stop a newspaper printing the names? It's bound to happen. I've give it a go with Paddy Murphy or Mary O' Brien !

Hope your stereotype names bring you hours of fun Bronte. I'd change Paddy to Patrick if I was you...better chance;/

Back