AIB rates

PolkaDot

AIB is set to raise its variable rates by 0.5pc also at the start of next month, but its variable rates will still be lower than those of Bank of Ireland and ICS.

Does anyone know if this is the 0.5% increase which was announced about a month ago and brought the rate from 3.24% to 3.74%?

Or is this another 0.5% on top of that?

Press release from AIB today

[FONT="]With effect from 4th September 2012, the AIB rates on all Standard Variable and Loan to Value Variable Mortgages will change as follows:

[/FONT]
|Current|New
SVR|3%|3.5%
LTV|2.84%|3.34%
LTV|3.04%|3.54%
LTV >80%|3.24%|3.74%
Buy to let|3.95%|4.45%
[FONT="]
[/FONT]

They don't give the LTV amounts - just the old rates and the new rates.

What happens if you have a fixed rate ending? Do you go onto the SVR or the LTV ?

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

To bring them into line with the market and so that their lending book is still profitable.

At these rates, they are still 0.5% to 0.75% cheaper than the next lowest lender and a full 1% cheaper than ICS , the dearest lender.

This is just the one increase then - at first I thought it was one increase in September and another in October but I've checked and with LTV>80% the rate from 4th September is the one already notified i.e. 3.74%.

This is just the one increase then - at first I thought it was one increase in September and another in October but I've checked and with LTV>80% the rate from 4th September is the one already notified i.e. 3.74%.

Yes. Just the one. So far!!

Back