AIB ONline Banking - Share trading facility

stevieob

Firstly, I'm new to this. I have a few shares in Vodafone (from the Eircom Fiasco) and Permanent TSB (from free share issue back in the day). I have hard copy share certs (somewhere ) for both.

I'm pretty sure I have some kind of computershare online account which my vodafone shares are linked to, but not sure if I can trade there.

A good few years ago I noticed AIB had a share dealing option through their online banking and I got it all set up. I wussed out and never did any trading so froze the account to stop the annual fee. It appears though I can reactivate it easily enough.

Now I have a few quid to play with and really regret not taking my own advice of buying BOI shares when they were at 9cent so it's time to man up and play the game.

So my question is, how does AIB stack up compared with other options when it comes to dealing with regard to fees etc. It seems like a simple enough option as I have it all ready to roll and I bank with them.

Or would I be better off looking further into computershare account I have and see can I trade online with them?

Does anyone have any experience of using either?

Back