AIB Banklink giving too much money

No its not stealing, if you ask the atm for 100 and it gives 150 what are you supposed to do? You keep it of course, but you should have the brains to realise thats its your own money you are taking.

They are supposed to go to the branch where their account is and inform the bank, like any good citizen. At that point if the excess money they received is not accounted for on their account, it can be adressed. It also lets the bank know that they have a problem.

AIB giving out too much money

No its not stealing, if you ask the atm for 100 and it gives 150 what are you supposed to do? You keep it of course, but you should have the brains to realise thats its your own money you are taking.

They are supposed to go to the branch where their account is and inform the bank, like any good citizen. At that point if the excess money they received is not accounted for on their account, it can be adressed. It also lets the bank know that they have a problem.

LOL! How often do you think that happens?

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The bank will eventually sort it out and debit the correct amounts. If they don't that's their problem.

Still no word from the bank on this, neither colleague has had the additional taken from their account. One has her account with AIB whose banklink the money was given out. Presume the bank are working to rectify, neither person rang and informed them either.

YES it is stealing, I'll tell you what you are supposed to do.

Report it to the Branch and hand it back......

Em, you didn't quote the rest of my sentence so you have taken the above quote out of context. How could it be stealing, the atm gave the money by mistake. People just need to realise its their own money.

Still no word from the bank on this, neither colleague has had the additional taken from their account. One has her account with AIB whose banklink the money was given out. Presume the bank are working to rectify, neither person rang and informed them either.
Not sure if anyone really cares but still no word from AIB and both colleagues didn't have the extra taken from them.......

I don't want to wade into the "moral" side of things here... but I will anyway.

It is true that the right and proper thing to do is to give the money back. But then another right and proper thing to do is to hold the door open for old people, but you can be sure if I saw ex-president George Bush walking up behind me on the way into Dunnes, he would get a big glass door in his face. Thats just how it is, and the "good and proper" behaviour goes out the window with people like that.

I would give the money back, but only out of fear of getting caught. Morally, I would have no qualms about depriving tha banks of a miniscule percentage of what they have stolen from the rest of us. It just goes to show how the world has changed since a couple of years back, I suppose.

Bring on the revolution!

Back