Ahern confirms plan to resettle Guantanamo detainees

DublinTexas

can edit posts
Another sign how crazy Zanu FF is, accepting 2 Uzbek detainees from Guantanamo to resettle in Ireland.

We have no money for anything that is important, borrow vast amounts of money to pay for our bare essentials and our law enforcement is so overstretched and unable to deal with gang land violence that we had to pass a law that includes provisions that make Mr. Mugabe look like a democratic leader.

And now our law enforcement has to waste money and resources to protect detainees and keep their identity secret, spy on them (because the gods forbid they actually do anything crazy while on Irish soil) and pay for their upkeep.

I hope Mr. Ahern negotiated in return that illegal Irish in the US are getting a fast track to legal residence or some mega financial deal. But knowing Zanu FF, we are just doing this to show we are a friend of the US.

From our perspective they are not illegal’s, they are undocumented... only Mexican, Hispanic and black people are "illegal’s". The usual double standards apply.

I think the thing with the Gitmo guys is a sop to the morally righteous cords and sandals brigade.

[broken link removed]

Are they nuts.How much does it cost to keep one inmate in jail 300e a day ?plus people are being let out early becuse of over crowding.Now we are importing inmates.

[broken link removed]

Are they nuts.How much does it cost to keep one inmate in jail 300e a day ?plus people are being let out early becuse of over crowding.Now we are importing inmates.

Strictly speaking we are not importing inmates because these people are not going to prison here! They are not charged with any crime, we are going to let them life in privacy somewhere on in our country in a special status as they won’t get refugee status either.

You can now be thrown into jail on “expert opinion” of Gardaí and trialled in secrecy of the special criminal court but if you are a suspected terrorist and you own country (Uzbekistan) does not want you we give you a nice place to life, protect your identify and waist resources on you.

And soon Gardaí will knock on my door and take me away because I offended these 2 people who only became terrorist sorry activists because of their misguided interpretation of the holy book of the Qur’an. And saying that must for sure be blasphemous libel on my side.

Purple said:
From our perspective they are not illegal’s, they are undocumented... only Mexican, Hispanic and black people are "illegal’s". The usual double standards apply.

I forgot, if you are anglo-saxon you are undocumented, only others are illegal.

But maybe we are doing this to make up for the recent denial of entry to the country for the 3 boys from Texas that wanted to travel through Europe on no money.

Why should we take these people when the US will not accept them.

Its their mess, they created it themselves.

Send them to GWB's ranch with our compliments.

Why should we take these people when the US will not accept them.

Its their mess, they created it themselves.

Send them to GWB's ranch with our compliments.

I fully agree. If these people have not done any crime they should bring them back to wherever they picked them up.

The GWB ranch only if Dick Cheney is hunting at the same time.

This is the stupidist idea ever - importing suspected terrorists. Are they mad?

Werent we seriously burnt on this recently? Two terrorists taken from Palestine under a similar agreement? And one of them ended up using Ireland as a base to direct terrorism in Spain?

As soon as they can book a flight with Ryanair (I assume their funds are a bit limited at the moment) then Liberty Hall will be taken out of the game. So that would be nice....

This is the stupidist idea ever - ...
I agree, what has it got to do with us? Doh, I forgot, we collected millions in airport charges, landing costs and fuel sales when the rendition flights transited through Shannon airport and the Bushland guys now want us to reciprocate and hide these poor people.
... importing suspected terrorists...
Listening to one guys lawyer on the radio, apparently even the most rabidly pro-Bush CIA heads now accept that the majority of these poor guys were guilty of nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time; they've paid a heavy price so far and will go on paying with Ireland's help.

Back