Affordable Housing -Galway City Council

T

tigersauce

hi
has anyone else had a problem with galway city council regarding affordable housing letters they have send, out about 300 of the letters i believe, for 30 houses asking for people to get approval in principle from 3 banks namely ebs,iib,bank of ireland, yesterday iib bank told me they would not be processing these applications as the council have not allocated a house to me, today the council say this problem was rectified by them with iib, when i rang iib again they said they would give approval in principle over the phone but not on paper as i have not been allocated a house, tried and tried all day to get somebody to answer a phone in the housing department but to no avail. help !!!!

Re: affordable housing galway city council

tigersauce said:
hi
when i rang iib again they said they would give approval in principle over the phone but not on paper as i have not been allocated a house, tried and tried all day to get somebody to answer a phone in the housing department but to no avail. help !!!!
Thats a case of them not being bothered enough to sort out an approval for you. If it was me, I would call into a branch and wait there until they agreed to do it.

'sid, from what I read it appears to be a communication issue with the council.
Get a letter from bank asap stating that they will not approve without a property allocated and wait it out at the council offices, housing department.
Best of luck!

Thanks all kept ringing iib till i got someone to send me a letter of approval in principal,

tigersauce said:
Thanks all kept ringing iib till i got someone to send me a letter of approval in principal,

There ya go. Dont take no for an answer!

Back