Affordable Housing and Marriage?

Andy_and_lou

Has anyone got an affordable house on there own and then went on to get married? I have an affordable house myself and my boyfriend has recently proposed(delighted), does anyone know what effect marraige, if any, will have on my house? BF doesn't have a house btw and I have a child from a previous relationship.

Thanks in advance

Re: Affordable Housing and Marraige?

Andy_and_lou said:
Has anyone got an affordable house on there own and then went on to get married? I have an affordable house myself and my boyfriend has recently proposed(delighted), does anyone know what effect marraige, if any, will have on my house? BF doesn't have a house btw and I have a child from a previous relationship.

Thanks in advance

Firstl congrats on the engagement and secondly dont see what diff it would make u bought the house fair and square just because it was an affordable housing scheme doesnt mean ur boyf couldnt move in, as these schemes are for people who cant afford to get on property ladder which is basically most ftb's in dublin.

Not a problem. They may own 23% of your property but not you. Your rights as a citizen of this state still apply, thanks to our leaders of 90 years ago ... I would however suggest buying the Council out ASAP if you are in a position to. A friend of mine is in the process (buy out) & it is very long drawn out, meanwhile, as each month passes, the Council are gaining & it is costing him about 8-10k more than his initial valuation some 6 months ago.

flyer4 said:
Not a problem. They may own 23% of your property but not you. Your rights as a citizen of this state still apply, thanks to our leaders of 90 years ago ... I would however suggest buying the Council out ASAP if you are in a position to. A friend of mine is in the process (buy out) & it is very long drawn out, meanwhile, as each month passes, the Council are gaining & it is costing him about 8-10k more than his initial valuation some 6 months ago.

I think you are getting mixed up with the shared ownership scheme where u meed to buy out the council. Affordable housing is buying the property at a reduced price and providing you stay in it for 20 years u wont owe the council anything.

Haven't a clue about the affordable housing aspect, but I can tell you getting married will effect your house. It won't be yours anymore, dirty jocks everywhere, takeaway pizzas, tinnies, joints, you'll have to listen to his music collection, watch the sopranos, not Desperate Housewifes. Fake orgasms, invite his mother over. Other than that, fine.

Andy_and_lou said:

Thanks in advance

Back