AF: If u earn €50K this year but only €33K last year are you eligible for the scheme?

Ballyman

Hi

I have a question about this. If you earn €50K this year but only earned €33K last year are you eligible for this scheme??

It seems that on the application it states that last years P60 must be less than €40K, whic this is but this years income is substantially more. Will this be an issue??

Sorry, in wrong forum, can you move?

Re: Affordable Housing

Ballyman said:
Hi

I have a question about this. If you earn €50K this year but only earned €33K last year are you eligible for this scheme??

It seems that on the application it states that last years P60 must be less than €40K, whic this is but this years income is substantially more. Will this be an issue??

Sorry, in wrong forum, can you move?
You should still be eligible for this sceme as they have changed the figures anyway.

You should well be able to apply for these as my friend got the forms and they said in the previous tax year she had to have earned less than €56k so you'd be better off applying now than waiting as next year you will be over the limit

Hi,

I have a number of questions regarding personal finances when applying for Affordable housing. The information provided by the Dublin councils (all four) on their websites is really sketchy or out of date. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.
Will applicants with personal debt be considered for the scheme?
How much do you need to be saving per month?
I understand if you are a tenant in the private sector, your rent is taken into account. I pay €525 per month. I save very little, as I am paying back a 14,000 loan at the moment. I am hoping to clear this off in the near future.

thanks

Asbo

I don't think you will get hard and fast answers unless you actually apply for the scheme. You should be invited to a meeting with them to determine your eligibility and they will tell you all you need to know at that point.

Ann

Ballyman said:
Hi

It is purely based on the P60 for the previous year. I was in a similar position and it didn't count against me when I got an affordable house last year .

Back