Aerlingus Check in

Milly

I am flying Cork-Dublin with Ryanair and then onward from Dublin on an Aer Lingus flight. Can I print my AL boarding pass at Cork Airport and then stay airside in Dublin, or do I have to exit, check in AL and re-enter security check in Dublin? I have loads of time, so that is not an issue, just it would save me some hassle.

Due to the layout at Dublin Airport you will most likely have to exit through immigration and customs and proceed to departures from there. The only exception would be if your Ryanair flight comes onto Pier A and your Aer Lingus flight is departing from there - unlikely though.

Thanks TheShark - I suppose the best thing to do so is try and print my boarding pass in Cork and be prepared to either stay in or go out in Dublin.

Yeah by all means print your boarding card , assuming you are carrying hand-luggage only its simply a matter of coming out of arrivals and going up one level to departures then proceed through security , if you have time to spare theres a much better selection of shops/food outlets etc airside.

I had a similar issue two years ago, but I discovered an internal transfer path. Hopefully it's still in place.

Look out for signs for this in baggage reclaim - you get directed up an escalator and through a warren of corridors and end up at a security point. You still have to go through security, but there's no queue.

Obviously you will need to have printed your boarding pass and only have carry-on bags for this to be an option.

Thanks Dicette, I only have carry luggage and will see if I can print boarding pass in Cork. I don't anticipate any problems, just trying to have as much info as poss!

Update for the record -didn't quite go according to plan. If I had checked in online I would have been ok, but had not done this so was not able to print AerLingus boarding pass in Cork for flight departing Dublin. Not a problem this time around but good to know for someone who might not have so much time to spare as I had.

Back