Aer Lingus misleading advertising?

michaelm

Aer Lingus sponsor the Weather on Radio 1. Their sting is along the lines of "putting families first with half price children's pre-booked seats and pre-booked bags". Methinks they should have to say "under 12's" or "children under 12" seeing as 'child' is <12 on their website. Is this ad misleading or am I just a pedant (or perhaps both)?

Last edited:
Aer Lingus sponsor the Weather on Radio 1. Their sting is along the lines of "putting families first with half price children's pre-booked seats and pre-booked bags". Methinks they should have to say "under 12's" of "children under 12" seeing as 'child' is <12 on their website. Is this ad misleading or am I just a pedant (or perhaps both)?
I agree with you but I fly most weeks and I hate Aerlingus so I am biased.

For the past week or so I have been looking at Aer Lingus flights to Lisbon for early October. The price for my proposed dates was €167 return for two people. Today Aer Lingus announced a 20% OFF sale for flights up to the 31st October. For the exact same dates in their sale the new price is €233! They have actually increased their prices. Trickery or what?

Back