Aer Lingus - can't generate a boarding card

You can check in using their app if you have a smart phone, think the qr scan works in most Uk airports.

In case it's useful, I recently checked in online for a return flight from Lanzarote, but did not print the boarding cards (I waited to check in the day before so I could select my seats free - hubby and I like aisle seats). At the airport, the ground handling staff said all I had to do was go to the Bag Check line (which was tiny by comparison to the check in queue) and they printed off boarding cards no problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks Eithne

Actually it's a one way flight back from Birmingham, so I am not sure about the availability of terminals. In any event, I like to have everything sorted long before I go so I am not facing problems or queues in the airport.

As it happens, I have just logged on and have printed the boarding pass without any problem.

Brendan

Personally I think the AL website is an embarrassment to Ireland's national carrier and looks like it has been designed by an IT student.

Trying to navigate between the airport selection is difficult, the rental car tab obscures the " return " choice and the whole site is just cheap and nasty.

It also tries desperately but fails miserably to copy Ryanair's website by forcing you through loads of different options, rather like going through security at Cork Airport and finding the only way to get to a departure gate is through the shop.

It's all so demeaning for Aer Lingus and a perfect metaphor for how low this once great airline has fallen.

And ultimately, if you're flexible enough, Ryanair will always beat them on price.

The error messages detailed here, are the result of the AL web server giving a standard error response (HTTP 500). This particular response (internal-server-error) indicates that the program running on Aer Lingus servers got confused and didn't know what to do.

All software has bugs.

It sounds like this is due to a bug in their software which might require manual intervention from them to fix. give them some time to restart the services, and try again. I would try again after several hours, or the next day.

Back