Advice required on Ebay selling

familyguy

I am planning to sell a collection of antique watches and was wondering if it makes any difference if I post my items on Ebay.co.uk instead of ebay.ie?

Are you more likely to get more views posting on the ebay uk portal rather than the .ie?

I have posted items in the past which received very low view numbers which I was very disappointed with and that is with including international postage prices etc.

Would appreciate any advice on reaching the biggest Ebay audience possible and of course I realise a lot depends on what type of item you are selling but I am talking about generally popular items.

Also is there any way of avoiding additional Ebay fees when it comes to posting photos?
Ideally I would like to post 20-30 photos as it is a collection and I'd like to be as detailed as possible. Is it possible to paste pictures into the ad without having to pay for each one?

I'm not sure if you mean selling them as a whole collection. If so, first off my advice would be to sell them individually. If someone is really interested in buying the whole collection, they'll contact you to make a deal.

I'd put them up on ebay.co.uk and as you are finishing your listing, you'll get the option to make the listing visible to the USA & Canada for €0.05. Do this as most Central, South American and Japanese buyers use ebay.com.

I'm pretty sure you can use either photobucket or flickr to embed them into the listing as opposed to paying for them. A simple google search should give you easy instructions.

Lastly, MAKE SURE that you use registered post. Buyers can be shady at times and if you can't prove that it was signed for, paypal will always work in their favour.

I use ebay a bit for buying. As a buyer, if I can't source a purchase from ebay.ie, I will look to ebay uk or international. A search will always give local/uk/international sellers. As a buyer making a purchase, the price, postage, reputation of seller are the important factors. It wouldn't bother me if the seller was in USA or Oz. If a buyer wants a seller's wares at the right price, it won't matter where the seller is based. I have purchased from USA where the price inc postage was cheaper than buying from IRL/UK/EU.

Any tips on photos, I have a lot of photos to include but it charges you for each photo, I know there's some way around this by formatting them somehow?

As blipsblips mentioned above there are ways to get the photos into listings without having to pay. Unfortunately I don't know how.

But if you are willing to wait until 1st August, ebay are changing their policy so as to allow you to add up to 12 photos for free to each listing. This applies to both ebay.ie and ebay.co.uk.

Any tips on photos, I have a lot of photos to include but it charges you for each photo, I know there's some way around this by formatting them somehow?

Haven't looked into it but could you make a large photo in something like Paint.NET and add several different photos into the single image?

Back