Advice re what type of computer please

Optimistic

Hi all. I am looking at buying a new laptop, that I want to run a trading platform on. We have a MAC that doesn't have the windows application like new MAC's do. But I don't know what to go for. Looking at the following options. what does anyone who knows about technology recommend at the best option. Backup support would be important for me, which is drawing me to the Fujitsu, but is the spec of the others significantly better than this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

A Fujitsu lifebook AH530. 399 euros or 450 set up and ready to go, with virus protection installed, but as he said this is free.Not sure if I have the tech brain to set a new laptop up.
Inel pentium dual core 2.13 GHZ processor
4096 MB DDR3 RAm
320 GB SATA Hard drive disk
Dual layer DVD/RW
1-/100 LAN, b/g wifi bluetooth
15.6 inch LED widescreen HDM
Integrated webcam, cardreader
6 cell battery

A Compaq CQ58 256 SA for 299 euros.
E1-1200 Processor
2GB RAM
320GB HDD
Integrated Webcam & Micrphone
60 Day Trial of Norton Anti Virus
Preloaded Trial Version of office 2010
15.6" HD BV LED Screen
VGA Port
HDMI Port
3 USB Ports

Compaq CQ58 250 SA for 449 euros.
CPU I Celeron B*30 Processor
4GB RAM
750 GB HDD
Integrated Webcam & Micrphone
60 Day Trial of Norton Anti Virus
Preloaded Trial Version of office 2010
15.6" HD BV LED Screen
VGA Port
HDMI Port
3 USB Ports
Core i3-2308M Dual Processor

HDMI port is a gift for hooking up to the tv.

I would be tempted to look for 1000 lan the way the broadband speeds are going.

More hdd is worth the extra few bob amazing how much crap you acrew.

Why can't you run your "trading platform" on your current Mac? What is it, (the software you want)?

Whatever you buy, beware of the 60 / 90 day trial version of anything pre-installed. They are simply ads that become extremely annoying once the demo period runs out.

Thanks for the replies.
Will check re more LAN and hdd. I need to run MT4 which will only work on windows. Our MAC doesn't work with the new system that the newer MAC's have. Thanks again. Any thoughts on Fujitsu versus Compaq?

Neither of them would be as highly rated as, say Toshiba or LeNovo.

I recently bought for the same price as the second Compaq model you listed above, but with slightly better specs. I also added on the three-year warranty for €45.10.

Have a dell now over 5 years still going despite being dropped a few times.

Back