Advice on sale and auctioneer fees

noel123ie

Hi all

Im selling a house currently values at 500000. We are trying to get the best deal from auctioneer from the point of view of his commission on sale.

He normally charges 2% which is high on current industry rates. Im wondering am I best giving him a higher rate if house is sold within 12 months or a lower rate as price increases say drop from 2% to 1.75% after 1st 250000.

We also could give say 1.5% up to 250000,1.75% to 500000 and 2% on anything upwards from this. I would hope to try and make the auctioneer get as high a price as possible, however it may also cause them to not take on board lower end offers. Who knows how their minds work

I understand we should be glad to get a purchaser but I really see these commissions as dead money

Thanks for reading and any comments on strategy would be great
Noel

I can't believe the Auctioneers are still expecting 2%.
They will get 10k if it sells (plus "expenses" I suppose) for doing a few photos and bit of advertising and getting it listed on Daft or Myhome or both .
In the UK - fees are around 1.25% to 1.5% - and it is unheard of to charge upfront for ads or internet - it's no sale no fee.

Back