Advice on resigning as a director.

Mrs. Doyle

A friend has asked me to check here about her resignation from the company that she runs with some other directors.

Is a B10 form sufficient to cover her completely for her resignation as a director of her company as she seems to think it is?

There are no personal guarantees in place.

No rent due and no lease in place.

The other directors will continue on with the business.

The money she originally invested she got back some time ago.

She did not mention anything about completing a B69 which I understand from Google is a notification to CRO of resignation. Is it necessary for her to complete this also?

Does she need to complete any other documentation that people are aware of?

A friend has asked me to check here about her resignation from the company that she runs with some other directors.

Is a B10 form sufficient to cover her completely for her resignation as a director of her company as she seems to think it is?

There are no personal guarantees in place.

No rent due and no lease in place.

The other directors will continue on with the business.

The money she originally invested she got back some time ago.

She did not mention anything about completing a B69 which I understand from Google is a notification to CRO of resignation. Is it necessary for her to complete this also?

Does she need to complete any other documentation that people are aware of?

The process is that she notifies the company of her resignation, and then the company completes Form B10 and files it at the CRO, to register the fact that she is no longer an officer of the company.

Form B69 is only necessary if it transpires that the company hasn't filed the B10 to notify the CRO that she is no longer a director.

Its important to keep copy of resignation letter etc if you have to avail of the B69
procedure.

Bear in mind that Directors continue to have exposure for at least 12 months after they resign if the company goes into liquidation.

Also it seems to be Revenue practice if there are PAYE / PRSI / USC outstanding to contact Directors about the o/s amounts and returns.

The B10 can be submitted online via WWW/CRO.IE at no charge, you will have to sign off and forward a paper copy, this should be done within 14 days of the change of Director.

The B10 can be submitted online via WWW/CRO.IE at no charge, you will have to sign off and forward a paper copy, this should be done within 14 days of the change of Director.

A director who has resigned cannot sign a B10. It can only be signed by current directors or secretary of the company. As already stated, it is a form that the Company must submit, not a person who has resigned.

Back