Advice on gas bolier replacement

Alibaba

Hi,
I'd appreciate advice on replacing a gas boiler.
My current gas boiler is 18 years old and has given no trouble apart from pilot light refusing to light three times over the years due to dust getting in the nozzle. The Boiler is a Gloworm and because of its age I'm afraid it will give up the ghost sooner than later and I'm sure its not the most energy efficient boiler either.
I had a representative from a gas company call out yesterday quoting €1999 to replace the gas bolier with a Ravenheat 28kw high efficiency system boiler, no zoning of hot water & radiator heat as I couldnt go through the hassle of ripping up floor boards and incurring further costs. The price also includes flushing out and cleaning of the pipework. I then asked for a price to include a factory fitted hot water cylinder (30*18) and a cylinder thermostat which brought the price up to €2500.
Does this seem an excessive price in the times we're in ?
Thanks

Get a few more prices and compare.

Not familiar with quoted boiler but prices for straight fit seem to be in the region of €1800 - €2000 inc VAT. A cylinder change is normally around €400 - €450 inc VAT and new electrical element.

As I said, get a few quotes and compare. Ensure that flushing and what type of flushing is included. Also ensure inhibitor is added on completion.

Thanks DaveyJones for your response, appreciate it. Calling into another place tomorrow to see what they quote for the job.

Back