Advice on Car hands free phone kit

BTBL

Hi,
I am about to move from Dublin to the countryside so will be starting to commute. I will need a decent hands free phone unit for the car as I expect to have coference calls quite often.

Can anyone recommend (or equally advise against) any particular type of hands free kit?
Things I need to consider are cost, car noise, battery charging capability, ease if installation.

I hear a lot of talk about the Parrott systems. Any first hand comments on them?

Grateful for any advice.

I fit hansfree kits for a living a would highly recommed the parrot or a new touchscreen bluetooth one called the THB Bury CC9060 its very nice and a bit easier to use than parrot

Pulse

Hi Pulse,

Is the THB Bury CC9060 compatible with all mobiles and where would I source one?

Last edited:
So far i've tried some blackberrys, some XDA's a few nokias the I-Phone and some sony ericcson and all have worked
If you tell me where your based i could recommend an installer close to you

Pulse

Thanks Pulse,
I am travelling between Dublin (Sandyford) and Dundalk. Would be interested in a recommended installer of the parrot system. I assume this uses the car speakers right?
How much should I expect to pay?
Thanks
BTBL.

you should pay about €220 + vat for a supply and fit but some cars with amplifed or upgraded stereo systems will cost alot more as the leads that are needed to put the sound through the stereo cost alot

you should pay about 220 + vat for a supply and fit but some cars with amplifed or upgraded stereo systems will cost alot more as the leads that are needed to put the sound through the stereo cost alot

You can buy a "simple" bluetooth kit that needs no installation, and sits on the sun visor.

I've used one, and it works very well. c.STG£20.

I bought a Motorola bluetooth one which clips onto the visor a few weeks ago.

I paid €89 for it and it is useless... always has an echo and dreadful sound quality.

If your doing a lot of driving and talking with bluetooth on you'll have a drain on the battery and one night you might forget to charge the phone, so maybe consider a nokia kit with a cradle for charging, or if you go for a parrot get a cigarette charger.

Just to let you know the next generation of nokia kits CK100 & CK600 (to be released) have no facility for a cradle

I have to agree with Pulse. If you're driving any distance and wish to use your phone professionally you need a fully fitted carkit rather than a portable kit.

I use the THB Bury Uni 8 system which holds and charges the phone plus has interchangable cradles so you can simply swop the cradles over when you upgrade your phone. Although I will be changing to the THB Bury CC9060 soon as it's an amazing handsfree kit! You can simply get over the problem of your phones battery running out by having an in car charger, which are very cheap these days.

I'm a distributor for Bury, Parrot & Motorola products so take a look at the web site and see what product works for you?

Have no prior experiences, but bought a used car recently which has a Parrot CK3100 installed. Works very nicely and sound quality is good.

Hi,
I am about to move from Dublin to the countryside so will be starting to commute. I will need a decent hands free phone unit for the car as I expect to have coference calls quite often.

Can anyone recommend (or equally advise against) any particular type of hands free kit?
Things I need to consider are cost, car noise, battery charging capability, ease if installation.

I hear a lot of talk about the Parrott systems. Any first hand comments on them?

Grateful for any advice.
I have a parrot ck3100. Very handy. Cost 220euro supplly & fit

I have a Sony Ericsson HCB-120, battery operated and fits to the visor, bluetooth.

Works very well, as good as the fixed kit I used to have. I cannot say how long the talktime is but it lasts a month with occasional use. It switches off automatically when the phone is out of range which saves a lot of power.

Where's the best place to get a parrot + installtion. I have generally heard the CK3100 is the best and would want the installer to come to my place of work ideally.

I know of two company's that supply and fit parrot's. One is carphone wharehouse and the other is parrot.ie, they will call to you to fit it.

I fit carkits for a living have been doing so for the last 11 yrs if your in Dublin I can do it for you if not I can recomend someone close to you

Neither CPW or Parrot.ie have there own installers they contract people like me

Hi Pulse, thanks for that. I see parrot.ie use the compnay carkits.ie to install theirs though. There are a few threads on here that really rate carkits for the install.

Funny thing is that parrot.ie is cheaper than carkit for the whole thing, 20 euro cheap is the difference. Would prefer to go to reputable firm i think. thanks for the heads up though.

CPW is not bad though on price, not much in it between those 2. Im on the road most of the time and I don't think CPW do outside of Dub or Cork though.

Back